AMHR look up & some bloodline questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm hoping some people will help me out with the AMHR look up and the questions I have. I was traded a couple yearling stud colts for a donkey I had for sale. The one stud colt in particular has me puzzled...both sire and dam's names start with Moss Grove - can anyone tell me about this farm and/or bloodline?

The stud colt's mother is almost a black leopard appy - solid colored head and legs - and roughly 35" tall, we measured the colt this weekend and he stood 39.5"! He's jet black with a tiny white star.

Also would like to know if anyone knows or has any contact info for: Edward Carlson from Grove City, PA. He was the breeder of this colt.

AMHR look up:

Moss Grove Apache Supreme #255214B

&

Moss Grove's Fancy Feathers # 220315A

Many thanks for any help you can give me on any of these things!!!

Becky M

Thanks a bunch Diane it's greatly appreciated!! Just from looking at the pedigrees you gave me it still doesn't make any sense why my stud colt is 39.5" tall!!!

Guess I'll need to get a hold of the breeders to see if they can explain it.

Anyone know Edward Carlson from Grove City, Pa?

Thanks!

Becky M.

Moss Grove is owned by a very nice older lady in PA. I can't quite remember the town but I know it is up by Oil City. I bought several horses from her a while back.

I did have a son of Apache King grow right up to 38" and stop. I saw King and he was not anywhere near that height at all! He must have a hidden "tall gene" hiding in there somewhere!

Thanks for the info Field-of-Dreams! I'm guessing too that Apache King had a "tall gene" hiding somewhere because my boy is 39.5" and neither of his parents are close to that. Oh well, guess I have an unregistered "mini fresian" on my hands, he'll be a hit around here once I get him out and start showing possibly next year!

Becky M.

Latest posts

Back