AMHR is September...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
I thought September was a little late for a clip and show...but AMHR nationals are in September?? Anyone know where it's being held yet? And can you show a horse that is registered AMHA/AMHR?

You will be amazed how fast they grow there hair back. Last year I had to reclip my horse at Nationals because it grew so fast and I only clipped with a 10 blade. Last year there was a time where it got cold real fast and one of my horses that was shown at Nationals was pretty cold and had to be blanketed.

Nationals is at Tulsa, OK this year. Any AMHR horse can show at Nationals but they must be qualified which is showing at 2 shows under four different judges. The entry deadline for Nationals has already been well passed.

[SIZE=14pt]We clip right at nationals. IT is a week earlier this year than last starting the 9th. Entries closed July 20th. Last year they closed Aug 1.[/SIZE]

Lyn

It's (so far) been VERY warm in Tulsa in September, and humid-- so warm that most people love to go to the arena and cool off in the air conditioning. The horses do tend to grow their hair back quite quickly, which is good for when the show is over and we go home and the cold weather is on its way. The horses I take to nationals end up getting blanketed at night for a while until their hair comes in well enough, but it's worth it.

Thanks you guys for replying, so for Nationals your horse has to be qualified from other AMHA/AMHR shows to be able to enter??? I guess I don't understand the showing world at all yet!! Can someone please explain this to me? And are there anymore places to look online for any fun shows or small shows going on before it gets too cold??

[SIZE=14pt]For AMHA you have to earn a certain number of points in a class to be qualified to go to the World show but you can only go in the class you qualified plus showmanship and costume which have no requirements. In AMHR you must attend 2 different shows and under 4 different judges to qualify to go in any class you want. The clubs are not interchangable and each has their own national show. Both shows are in Sept and early oct.[/SIZE]

Lyn

MiniLocoSinclair said:
Thanks you guys for replying, so for Nationals your horse has to be qualified from other AMHA/AMHR shows to be able to enter???  I guess I don't understand the showing world at all yet!!  Can someone please explain this to me?  And are there anymore places to look online for any fun shows or small shows going on before it gets too cold??
440499[/snapback]

Very few fun shows this time of year but the NEW club is holding a fun show in October - probably a "fuzzy" show. Check out their website... http://www.miniatureequine.com/new Most "fun" shows are held earlier in the year in order to give "newbies" a chance to get their feet wet in the show ring before serious showing starts.

Don't get the 2 different registries confused regarding requirements to show at Nationals.

AMHA, like Lyn said, requires that you get 'X' number of points in a particular class in order to show in that class at their World show. The AMHA World Show is held in Fort Worth in October.

AMHR requires that you show your horse in front of 4 different judges at 2 different shows to qualify and then you can take them into any classes offered at the AMHR Nationals (Tulsa in September).

Jean, Thanks for letting me know, being new makes it easy for me to be confused! My main works will be in AMHA but for AMHR just to get this right...could "being judged by 4 judges at 2 different shows" be like...say you're in only 2 classes but there's 2 judges for each class...that would be 2 classes anf 4 judges, is that what that means?

I was hoping to join NEW to get into the fuzzy show and do some more practice showing but I havent heard back from Sue yet...she said she would send me an info packet and etc, i'll have to pop her another e-mail and see if she got my last one! Thanks for the help!

What qualifying under 4 judges means is that you have to go to 2 different shows and show under at least 4 judges.

For example you go to a show and it is a 2 judge show. You can show in 1 class or 10 classes with the same horse. This counts as 1 show, 2 judges.

THen the next month you go to another show and it is a 1 judge show. You show in 1 or in 10 classes. You now have 2 shows but only 3 judges.

So...you now go to a 3rd show and it has 3 judges. You now have the required 2 shows and 4 judges, plus a couple. You are qulaified to go to AMHR Nationals in Tulsa in September and show in any class you would like to with the horse or horses that you took to these shows.

Latest posts

Back