AMHR hardship still 1/2 price for 2013?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
Someone said that they heard that AMHR was continuing their 1/2 off prices of hardshipping through 2013 as well, so she said she called AMHR and they confirmed that info.

Has anyone here heard this? Is it really true?????? Do I dare hope?

I'm interested in getting AMHA horses into AMHR.

I had heard that was very likely to be continued for 2013 but haven't confirmed it with anyone yet. I hope it is true!

Oh I know some people won't be happy about that.
default_unsure.png

Why not half price on membership? Be a nice break for current members and may bring in new members.

Membership was $71 for the rest of 2012 and all of 2013. It started Oct 15 to Oct 31st. I dont believe its still going anyway.

US Membership is $65. Hasn't changed according to the customer work order sheet and has been this price for several years. I think many would be unhappy to see it rise especially if they continue the hardship sale.

Membership was $71 for the rest of 2012 and all of 2013. It started Oct 15 to Oct 31st. I dont believe its still going anyway.
NO no, I mean they're doing a "discounted rate" It covers all the rest of 2012 (Nov and Dec) AND all of 2013 for $71. If you renew/purchase your membership after Oct,it goes back to the regular $65.

Yes I was at the BOD meeting, this will be extended for next year.

That's great!!!! Many people will be happy and think how many more nice R horses there will be.

Now, if AMHA would 1/2 their hardship for next year... I have three mares I'd love to get registered with AMHA.

Kari

I am very disappointed in this if it is true, but I guess if that is all they feel they are worth, that is the way it is. I have about 3000.00 worth of catching up with AMHA. Guess that is where my money will go. There isn't much sense in doing all the AMHR stuff when you can hardship them in for 100 bucks,when you need to with AMHA papers.

In a way it will be nice not to have to things two times.

About 1/3 of my horses are double if I send them the money, I feel I have to back the outfit that backs the breeder.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this not backing the breeder VaVern? Isnt this giving breeders a break to get their horses double registered and make the offspring or the horse itself worth MORE? I dont understand why you think that is is downgrading AMHR horses.

The economy sucks and I think it's a wonderful way to pull more into the registry that perhaps could not afford to, or it would have put a crimp in people's pocket books. I just dont see why you think it is an insult and that 'thats all they are worth'.

You need an AMHR horse to show AMHR. Why would our office not say, "Go to a a AMHR breeder and buy one." Instead of saying,"Go to Lucky Smore and buy an already AMHA one and we will sell you the papers for 100.00."

But the price is just a variable... One that's always been there. I've seen horses that the sale price is low enough that whatever the hardship price is, it's worth it. It really doesn't matter if the hardship price is $500 and you buy a $500 horse... Making your investment $1000 into that horse...

Or $100 to hardship a $900 horse.... You're still at $1000 into the horse and there's usually not that much difference between a $500 horse and a $900 horse...

So isn't it just nice that breeders can save some money in a bad economy to hardship their breeding stock? I'd bet a whole lot more horses are bred by breeders than are hard shipped and shown. You can't tell me more foals you breed are shown than you put on the ground, LaVern? So hard shipping actually benefits the breeders, not the buyers...

Keep up with that AMHR paperwork, I'd much rather buy an already AMHR registered horse. I love the Bs, so buying AMHA and hardshipping R, just doesn't work for me. And, I'm sure there are others that feel the same way, its so much easier to register them when they are young.

Not registering horses only is useful now. Who knows what the future will hold? Expensive hard shipping? No hard shipping anymore?

Well, I think people will buy a horse they just love, regardless of the registry. You dont think they would look for a deal on one that is already registered with both? This is where it benefits the breeder?? If I had a choice between purchasing a horse I liked and one is double registered and the other not, guess which one I am taking? So to me, it behooves the breeder to double register their horses so when they sell them or the offspring, they are appealing to BOTH markets, not just one.

My two cents worth! I'm one of those fools that has bought AMHA registered foals only, had to hardship them into AMHR at full cost, because since they were leggy, I knew they would go over, then the stewards proved that with their measurments at shows. without AMHR, AMHA would go under, reason why, they are breeding for the tallest mini to win in the show ring. These breeders are not registering stock into AMHR but selling their young stock to buyers. Int the hope that the buyers will hardship into AMHR, saves them money. BAck in the day, (Horror story), I consigned a beautiful AMHR registered filly to one of those prestigous AMHA sales, you know the ones were the consignment fee is 200, plus all the other costs. This filly was only 30"s, jet black, four white socks, white blaze, good pedigree. Only reason she was only registered AMHR was because the breeder of the stallion, one of the founding members of AMHA by the way, was dismissed by AMHA. Anyway this was an exceptional filly. I knew I was in trouble when the person reading the pedigrees said, "AMHR ONLY", EVeryone turned to look at me like I was a sinner.

I appreciate that AMHR has extended this monetary relief even though I am no longer breeding or buying, as I feel it will make AMHR stronger, as even the AMHA only people are starting to appreciate the AMHR horse.

Pround former breeder of AMHR horses.

That is my point exactly. So for the breeder which is the best? If you breed AMHA horses and your client wants both, you just knock off 100. And then you could tell them that they can put their own name on it in AMHR. That is the horse that will sell.

If AMHR put 1000.00 fee on AMHR hardshipping, people would be more likely to consider buying an already registered "only"AMHR horse, if it were very good.

Latest posts

Back