AMHR Drayton Show Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
Well we're back from AMHR Drayton Fall Fair Show and finally dry
default_smile.png
This is a much over due post!

Great show as always!

I have always loved showing under Mr. Subbert and Mr. Wills(the apprentice judge), and this show was no different! The show was rained out in the last classes and in the end was canceled. I think this caused all Hi Point awards to be voided.

Horses did well, even though they hate the rain.

Now on to the pictures
default_smile.png

Donovan went 2nd in halter:

dhal2.jpg

dhal5.jpg

Joy went 1st in her Model and halter class. She also placed Reserve Grand Champion Sr. Mare:

Copy2ofj5.jpg

Joy also placed 3rd in Showmanship; even though she behaved well and pivoted like an old pro. Joy was DQ. in Jumping for the first time due to refusing the high jumps(No pictures of jumping, my camera guy was in the washroom)
default_smile.png
:

j8.jpg

Nitro showed just great! He went Grand Champion Sr. Gelding AND Grand Champion Overall Gelding:

haltern6.jpg

n3.jpg

Nitro missed his pivot, however he did still place 1st in Showmanship:

copyn12.jpg

copyn11.jpg

Nitro was awesome in jumping, however in the jump off I though I had made a mistake and I thought I was DQ. again so I stopped him and just lightly jumped him over the last jump and we jogged out of the ring so slow he stopped to eat some grass before we left the ring.... He placed 2nd by 2 seconds and we weren't DQ.! Man did I ever kick MY SELF for that one! Congrats to Devon and Fashion though! Next time
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

n13.jpg

Nitro went 2nd in a huge class of CPD and 1st in Youth CPD:

driven15.jpg

driven16.jpg

driven17.jpg

driven18.jpg

I was so cold come the stakes class I couldn't feel my hand or feet. I was soaked to the bones and I am sure I wasn't the only one! That is where the class was canceled and the show ended. We missed the end of CPD, Roadster and Park. And yes there was a Park entry! A real shame but I'd much rather have been safe then sorry!

Great show with great horses! Thanks to everyone involved!

A HUGE thank you to Joe Heath and friend Anthony for all your help at the show! Also to Mr. Walter Filipowicz of Filipowicz Farm for his help and kind words! It means alot
default_wub.png
Sorry about the name mix up!
default_unsure.png

Desiree

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Desiree

You did awesome! I HATE when it rains at shows, makes the horses so miserable!

I really like Joy, she has grown up so nice. I can remember you showing us her baby pictures
default_laugh.png
She is such a beautiful color too.

Congratulations, sounds like you had a good time despite the rain.

Desiree, Nitro looks AWESOME driving!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
You know he's always been one of my forum favorites and it's great to see him using his topline so correctly and generally appearing to be a pleasure to drive. Yay for both of you!

By the way, I think you've got the exact same cart I do. How big is Nitro? It looks like his tugs are a tiny bit low for that cart just like Kody's are but I thought Nitro was bigger than Kody is.
default_wacko.png

Congrats again!

Leia

Great pictures and placings. Thanks for sharing. It rained all the way home to the States but we had a great time in Canada.

Congrats to you!! great pictures. Showing in the rain is not easy. Your horses look great

Hi Guys
default_saludando.gif

Thank you.

Joy is becoming quite beautiful, IMO. She is heading to AMHR Nationals in one week!

Nitro is real fun to drive and I am so glad he never sold, he has me hooked on driving! Nitro is 35" and the cart is a Grabber that was personally made for him.
default_smile.png

Have to run, Thanks again, Desiree

Oh and Sorry to Walter Filipowicz of Filipowicz Farm for the name mix up.

You did not need to change it. We use Foulk on the horses bred to our trainers stud. That way we know who the sire of that horse was. Good luck to you at nationals and hope to see you next year.
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah there is Donovan!! I cant wait to meat that boy
default_wink.png

Your horses look great and miss Joy is stunning. Great job with them!

Ah there is Donovan!! I cant wait to meat that boy
default_wink.png

Your horses look great and miss Joy is stunning. Great job with them!
default_wub.png
Thanks!

I have many many many more pictures to send you........ but the'll have to wait until I get back from Nationals.... I so busy
default_biggrin.png
I'm taking a small break today, as it's my birthday, so after chorses, I'm going to the movies
default_laugh.png
I get to see most of my friends before they head off to College.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back