AMHR compared to AMHA bloodlines...help!! please :-)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Timber Buck

Reaction score
Okay, so I have a little colt that was AMHA and both parents were AMHA. His bloodlines go back to Buckaroo, Boones Little Buckaroo Too, Toyland, etc so he has a good lineup on the AMHA side. Neither parent was AMHR so I had to hardship him in there to be AMHR. Now I guess I am starting over with the family heritage?? Since he is hardshipped, that means there is no history on his bloodline within AMHR right? In other words, on his papers he and his parents are listed and that is it. Is there anything further to look at? I guess I am asking because if he matures to over 34 inches and the AMHA papers will never be permanent since the height is too tall, then even though he has great AMHA bloodlines, what will this means for him as a stallion in the AMHR? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!

Well anyone can look up the AMHA registration from the AMHA names on his papers so it's not like his bloodlines are totally lost.

To many people, bloodlines are not everything. Conformation and performance mean a lot.

You may have to contact the original breeder of each of the parents. Sometimes, minis are registered as different names. My foals' granddam in AMHR in Dagnillos Silver Bullet. However, in AMHA she is Crazy Horses Silver Bullet.

Its very possible his parents are there.

If not, he is always there and like Disney said some people don't care. You can still breed him and if people care enough about pedigree they can be sure to breed carefully so that his legacy will mature under 34''.

Check with the AMHR office. I hardshipped some in from AMHA - they do not have any bloodlines printed on their registration papers from AMHR but I believe they show up if they are looked up in the studbook. I had to change the prefix because their original was reserved. I think at the time they told me they have a way of keeping track of that in their records that the office sees. Hope I am correct on that. (-: It seems like ages ago that I did it. LOL.

To the OP,

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your little boy. VERY handsome for his age. If you get tired of him feel free to send him to Iowa. ;)

Tremor THANKS for the compliments!!!!!! I don't see him leaving my house anytime soon-he's my BABY :)

Here's what AMHR said about this issue when I asked:

When a horse is hardshipped in from AMHA, the registration information is taken directly from the AMHA certificate. Then when the AMHA parents are entered in our system, there is no ancestry for the computer to pull out since our system only has our numbers. This

means that when you register offspring of the hardshipped sire, the pedigree will only go back as far as the sire's parents. The dam's side will depend on how her parents are registered.

Diane, I have contacted the Falabella registry and they said they would register him. If you would be able to print out anything about his ancestry though I would LOVE IT!!!!! Let me know what you need. THANKS!!

Latest posts

Back