AMHR/ASPC

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belinda

Reaction score
Just a reminder that everyone that lives in a Area that is having elections for YOUR Director should be sure and attend your meeting , and VOTE for who you think will represent your Area the best.. The place of meeting for each area is listed in last months Journal or you can call the office and they will be glad to tell you ..

Remember we have two seats in each area , one is a SHETLAND SEAT the other is called a Open Seat , ( this is really the Miniature peoples seat ) but without going into a lot of history , anyone can run for the open seat , ( Shetland or Miniature ) At this time There is NOT a lot of Miniature Representation on the board, and if you Miniature folks want to be heard , You had better make sure the person you vote for will make sure your interest are taken care of .. I can only think of ONE person running in a contested area , that is truly a Miniature Horse person and he has been on the board for some time and ALWAYS seen to it , that the Miniature people were heard... These elections are IMPORTANT , as ASPC /AMHR is Dependent on their board to run the Organization !!! So if you want to be heard make sure your Director is one that will take those thoughts and wishes REGARDLESS OF HIS /HER personal feeling with them to the Board Room...

This is only my opinion !!!! I am NOT campaigning for anyone , just wanting to make the Miniature folks aware that there are not many seats held by folks that own / show / breed / miniature horses.. We fought long and hard to get the open seats now we need to keep them..

And to my friends and fellow board Members please do not take this personal.. <<<LOL>>>>
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Belinda,

aren't you running again. I thought you were and I think you have done a great job for the AMHR/ASPC membership be it shetland or mini folks.
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks for your service, I personally appreciate it!
default_wub.png

See you at the national show.

Hi John,

Belinda's term is up next year. Larry P is up this year and we don't have anyone running against him. He will be re-elected automatically.

Karen

Thanks Karen,

I think both of them have done a good job, so that makes it easy. LOl
default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif

Again thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was posted in the Journal but I gave my copy to a new customer. Maybe someone can post here the areas who are having an actual election and who is running?

I do know a few areas have directors do not have anyone running against them.

Candidate biographies are on pages 98-102 in the June/July issue of The Journal, and there's a good explanation of the election of Directors on page 97.

This year's election includes Areas 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8. This info is from page 123 in that issue of The Journal.

Area 1 (Shetland Seat) Oct. 4, 1:00 p.m.; Hampton Inn, 2764 Lebanon Rd., Manheim, PA

Election Chairperson: Helene Dill

Area 2 (Shetland Seat) Oct. 5, 2:00 p.m.; Van Wert Fairgrounds

Election Chairperson: Jeanne Bragagnini

Area 3 (Shetland Seat) Oct. 4, 2:00 p.m.; Holiday Inn-Mountain View, Cleveland, TN

Election Chairperson: Stephen Henderson

Area 5 (Shetland Seat) Oct. 5, 12:00 noon; Applebees, Mt. Pleasant, TX

Election Chairperson: Belinda Bagby

Area 6 (Open Seat) Oct. 4, 1:00 p.m.; Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, 3200 W. Maple Street

Election Chairperson: Dennis O'Keefe

Area 8 (Shetland Seat) Oct. 4, 10:00 a.m.; Best Western Inn, 2645 Airport Way, Boise, ID 83705

Election Chairperson: Laurie Villalpando

As printed in The Journal, there are no cities or states indicated for the election sites of Areas 2 and 6.

Latest posts

Back