AMHR/ASPC Financials for those who have questioned

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Lisa~

Reaction score
Many before have questioned how much revenue there really was coming in so I figured I would post it

Now this is for the year 2010 and remember it is a Fiscal year... and it is down a bit across the board - but for this year

ASPC- registrations and transfers-$46,855.00

AMHR- registrations and transfers-$346,040.00

The ASPC has really not changed much in since 2004 with the highest year being 2006 at $53,160.00 but has been between that and current price so not a huge difference now the minis that is a bit different

Since 2004 the highest year was 2005 and that year it was $715,861.00 with this year being the lowest year in that time period

Iknow that the double registered ASPC accounts for that but in reality I do not think that would even be 30 percent

Anyway just thought those on the forum would want to see the actual $ amount brought in

Also in case anyone is interested..

New members brought in to the registry as a whole

2004-1710

2005-1895

2006-1552

2007-1552

2008-1305

2009-989

2010-822

Last edited by a moderator:
I would still like to see why we have $20,000 of an increase in lawyers fees and would like to see the Congress breakdown. Not sure why we never get a total breakdown on the big shows. Lots of people were wondering how there was a $33,000 loss on Congress. I really think people would understand more decisions that are made if we were provided all of the financial information.

I think you need to look at the whole picture instead of just the registration revenue. It is important, but the overall health of the registry is good.

With just a piece of the information, it could be misleading to many.

2005 was highest for every division, and since we have slide for every division in a very long slide. I would like to know why?

And I agree I would have liked to see a better breakdown of the lawyer fees.

Is there somewhere I can go find out what the final info on convention is?

I don't think the BOD minutes will be posted for awhile. I don't recall that they post the financials on the registry website - but you could call your BOD member and request it. If they get enough calls - I think they would, not promising, but it is the right of the membership to know about the financial health of the organization.

Any memeber not at Convention can call Joe for the financial information.

Trace is correct the registry is fine as far as $ are concerned and we need to figure out as a whole how to increase membership :)which can only help keep things on the right track but we are fine as far as the financials

Are those amounts strictly regular registration and transfers or do they include the hardships and the temp-to-permanent fees?

It does not break down hardships although I would assume from when I asked Joe that hardships are considered part of registrations and therefore are already included

Re: 2005 - Mini registrations were so high that year because it was the last year AMHA horses could come into AMHR for $50 and everyone and their uncle rushed to get them in before the fee increased to $200 for mares & geldings and $400 for stallions.

Since I am no longer involved in the bylaws I can offer a thought on this matter of the seats

If we are to have split seats why not simply say a Shetland seat holder must own lets say 10 Shetlands

And a Mini seat holder own 10 minis ( for the last 5 years or whatever) not necessarily a majority of either but at least that many...seems anyone with at least that many horses would be serious about their interest and the interest of the organization from a commitment stand point...they would have interest in the "type" and would exceed the present requirement of needing to own only 1 Shetland or 2 out of 3 to fulfill it...seems a simple solution but I suspect instead of logic.....supposition will prevail.

Just a thought........

I so agree that we need to be looking at the declining member numbers. That is a lot to lose in a short amount of time. Some of its the economy but the rest??

I know they were saying at convention anyone who renews their membership early gets a gift of the book but honestly I would rather see a discount than get a book. Not sure if that was final on getting a free book or not?

I am still pushing for members being able to renew memberships on the website. I keep trying
default_smile.png
I do think you would see less late memberships if people could just go to the site and renew.

Ray I know there were restrictions in earlier rulebooks of how many animals of each breed you had to own. At one time it said you had to have 20% of your herd had to be miniatures to run for the open seat. But honestly I did not hear any one person at Convention, and I did ask in just about every conversation I had, if they thought the BOD was ill representing. I heard everyone say they were satisfied with how the BOD represented the membership.

With a 93 (or 96 can't read my writing) to a 23 vote, I would say we are doing fine, the areas are voting according to whom they want to represent them.

Ray I know there were restrictions in earlier rulebooks of how many animals of each breed you had to own. At one time it said you had to have 20% of your herd had to be miniatures to run for the open seat. But honestly I did not hear any one person at Convention, and I did ask in just about every conversation I had, if they thought the BOD was ill representing. I heard everyone say they were satisfied with how the BOD represented the membership.

With a 93 (or 96 can't read my writing) to a 23 vote, I would say we are doing fine, the areas are voting according to whom they want to represent them.
Not so many years ago if you asked the individuals who COULD vote and represented the people in this country they would tell you that they were being represented just fine..strange thing was at that time woman could not vote or hold office....times change and those is power seek to remain in power

I would like to add , that the majority of your 96% voters said the only reason that they voted that way was to have time to read the changes. !!! Not just because they were satisfied with the way they were being represented and did not want change !!!! Lots of folks came up to me later and I am still getting calls that said they would have voted to accept the changes Ray presented if they had a little more time to read and understand them.

And yes anyone wanting the Finance reports that were not there just have to call Joe and he will send them to you .

Not so many years ago if you asked the individuals who COULD vote and represented the people in this country they would tell you that they were being represented just fine..strange thing was at that time woman could not vote or hold office....times change and those is power seek to remain in power
Nevermind Ray. I get it now!

Belinda, I spoke with Joe and he has referred me to my directors for the financial info. I will be asking them for the answers. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back