AMHR Area I results and pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
It was a hot, humid, and sometimes drenching weekend at Horseheads, NY. The show actually ended with a thunder storm that started with enough wind to create a dustbowl on one end of the driving arena and then ended with some exhibtors, horses and carts soaking wet. :)

I have to brag here for the first time-- my stallion Greenridge IMA Link Too Buckeroo (BTU son)-- was champion in country pleasure driving, over. He did such an awesome job!!! I was so proud that I started crying. (what a geek!) THANK YOU to Hillary Jipson (Boinky) for working with him and driving him. He can be inconsistent and this time he was ON. He's 4 and this is his second year of driving. I didn't get a picture of him in the ring-- I'm not sure I even breathed during the whole class. LOL But here he is outside in the warm-up ring, being a hot-headed butthead. LOL

link_0091sm.jpg

And for my other horses-- they made me proud too.

Diana (Cadcade Farms TC Diana) won blue in broodmare (over). She's a Top Cat daughter. Here she is-- her foal is 6 weeks old. (Wish my body had recovered as well after my pregnancies!! LOL)

diana_0078sm.jpg

And this is her foal, Bit-O-Blue TC Time Bandit. He's a Top Cat grandson and a great-grandson of both Little Kings Buck Echo and Little Kings Buck the System. He's a buckskin dun with dorsal stripe and leg barring, like mamma. Many of you may have watched him on Mare Stare because his dam has lost two babies in the past due to not getting out of the sack. He's only 6 weeks old so he doesn't stand all that well- no chance he would relax that neck or stand without jumping around!! (this is a bad picture and his head is not that large) However he moves like a dream and the people in the bleachers all oohhhhed and ahhhhed over him. He got 4th in stallion of current year, 30" and under.

bandit_0014sm.jpg

New Pic:

bandit_0020sm.jpg

Then there is Grace (RHA Wardances Grace), my black pinto mare that I grabbed out of the pasture and hauled to NY. This was her first show and she was a queen! Such a sweetheart. She stood there in the ring like a pro and I was very proud of her 6th place ribbon. :)

grace_0056sm.jpg

And THANK YOU to Jen McGarvey for hauling all of us to the show and for showing my horses in halter. Her advice and help (and Hillary's too) at preparing the horses for show was invaluable! (Can you tell I'm kinda inexperienced? lol)

The drive from home to Maine was about 9 hours and Jen and Hillary had an hour and two hours still to go after dropping me off. I wouldn't have gone if it hadn't been for them.

Met a lot of very nice people and had fun at the pizza party. Thanks for the pictures, Karla! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracy--that Bandit is one upright guy! His coloring is gorgeous. And when we heard Hillary had won Grand with your boy...Kennedy and I went flying out of the stands to come watch you celebrate. You are so darn cute when you win.
default_biggrin.png
Have you figured out what to do with that incredible plaque?

It is so much fun to visit with you three at a show. The puppies were the icing.....

Here's my favorite photo of them....

Hillary4Kennedy.jpg

What a GREAT POST!!! Congratulations to you, how AWESOME!!! You bet I was watching Diana on marestare waiting for that perfect little guy to arrive!!! I remember watching him running around the stall and bucking constantly! I had a "secret" name for him that I never revealed on the marestare thread. It was "Bit-O-Blue Mother Bucker"!! LOL!! He was so full of energy from the start!!! Your horses are awesome and how nice of you to thank these people publicly that helped you so much!!!

And best of luck to you in the future!!

Joyce

default_aktion033.gif

I am completely in LOVE with your stallion. That is the look I like: pretty but with substance.

Kellie, yes that's a nice way to say he's fat! lol This past winter was tough so I guess I over compensated cuz all of my horses came out fat! lol

Mark, LOL! You'd know how inconsistent Link can be cuz he always seems to be "off" at home! As a matter of fact, I said that if he was a butthead again I wouldn't be taking him to Nationals. Guess I'm going...

Karla, your pictures are great! Thanks for sending me all you took! PS I'm going to wear the plaque as a necklace. So what if it's 8"x8"!!

Joyce, I knew people like you might want to meet Bandit. So many of us new him well in-utero! LOL that is such a bad picture of him that I should find another.

I can also add I watched them work their butts off. It was great to see you guys and thanks for letting me drive the mare. Good job all you really earned those ribbons. Linda

AWESOME! Congratulations, Tracy!! Wish I'd see this sooner, but the gesture is the same, HUGE congratulations! It's been a long time coming, I told you (FIRST) that that boy was special!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Jodi

"Tracy

I just wanted to cry when I saw this post I havent read through the posts in the last few days and completely missed this until this morning. Im so happy for you and Link. I knew he would be great when he got it all together. Yay cant tell you how glad I am for you. He just needed an important venue to show his stuff. lol. Really I am so happy for you. Great job Hillary and Jen and great job Tracy for getting him ready. You all made me proud to know you.

Well shoot, I missed you! I did see that handsome guy drive and win from wayyy over yonder. I didn't get to wander much this trip I had other things I had to do (hug Linda alot) and my pretties. Next time!

Congrats Tracy on all your wins!!! Bandit is gorgeous!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I was wondering how he was doing
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
He is coming into himself very nicely! Good for you.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back