AMHR 10 Years and Older Senior Halter Class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMHR does offer Broodmare (wet) halter classes and I do believe it is a required class? I do know you get All-Star and Hall of Fame points.

Forgot to add the number of entries for the Broodmare classes at Nationals.

Broodmare, Under - 4

Broodmare, Over - 4

Last edited by a moderator:
AMHR does offer Broodmare (wet) halter classes and I do believe it is a required class? I do know you get All-Star and Hall of Fame points.
I do know it is a qualification class for the grand classes and that you get all star and hof points but unless it is changed for next year to be required, I know it wasnt this year as I wanted to show in it a couple different shows that didnt offer it.

Generally speaking I'm not for adding more classes to an already busy Nationals schedule but with the addition of draft halter this year and a roadster in hand (under had 3 entries-over 3 entries), I think this class would garner more interest than the other two combined. I went and did a not so quick look at the geldings. Why geldings? In truth I had planned on doing all open halter divisions but it takes a long time so only did geldings as they were the first classes listed.

Total A 3-4yrs= 26; 5-7yrs=16; 8+yrs=7

Total B 3-4yrs= 37; 5-7yrs=17; 8+yrs=9

Top Ten Placings 3-4yrs= 29 5-7yrs=14 8+yrs= 4 47 spots (under 30 0nly had 7 entries)

I do think 10 is too much, there were only 3 in the over division and 4 in the under division, personally I liked eight as an age for the class. I don't know the presenters intent but I don't think this would warrant height break downs, if the class takes off and has a ton of entries that could be addressed at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 18 year old 36" AMHR gelding that would kick some serious booty in an aged class! He's a gorgeous wild dun who looks like a big horse in a little horse body... At a distance you can't tell he's even a miniature he looks so much like a 'ahem' real horse (as people tell me). I just smile and nod...

Kari

Latest posts

Back