AMHA Worlds Special Awards....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStar

Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of all the special awards and trophies that they give at Worlds and how they are earned? For example the Super Amateur or Moonlight Bay award etc...? I looked on AMHA and can not find a list.

You can find the AMHA Special awards in the downloadable World Show premiums on the AMHA website. I think they are located in the Archives under the Show and Show Results section.

This year, the Moonlight Bay/High Point Driving Horse award was won by SSH Shadow of a Doubt, owned By Linda Nelson of Oklahoma... He also won the Best All Around award, which if I heard correct, was the first time in AMHA history that a horse has won both awards in the same year.

I think the Super Amateur went to David Sandeno... I missed the Ammy awards, but I thought thats who I heard won it.

Yep, Dave got Super Ammy, he'd been trying for years!

Will you be at the NWMHC meeting and banquet tomorrow, Heather?

Kari

Kari,

That is great about Dave!! That man really truly deserves that award and win!! I will not be at the meeting unfortunately. I wish we were going but mom didn't show much this year so no awards...
default_no.gif
I am sure you'll be taking home some hardware though!! Congrats again. Will see you soon though. Showing anyone in 2009?

Missed you there, Heather!!

Tigger got:

Rsv. Hi-point Ammy

Hi-point SN Mare

Hi-point Sr. Mare 30-32

Rsv. Overall Hi-Point Sr. Mare

The meeting was interesting, too. Can-Am will be moving to the Unit in Spanaway. Mini-Mac has been dropped, and Emerald Valley & Can-Am will have 4 judges.

Yep, Linda Day and I plan to show our filly. I'll have her in ammy and SN, the trainer in open and color!! Do you plan to show?

Kari

Congrats Kari!! Yep we will be showing 2 2008 colts, however one may be gelded by the time show season starts!! We may take our 2yr old filly as well, just depends on how she looks and her frame of mind...she is so pretty but get her in the ring and she has "no show". Well she didnt as a yearling anyway...LOL Look forward to seeing your girl!!

Latest posts

Back