AMHA World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strangeaddiction

Reaction score
I am not sure how many of you tune into the AMHA live feed, I tend to have it playing in the background while I am working. I thought it would be a good place for any discussions etc on it.

I also was wondering if any of you knew if there was a results page anywhere, I cant seem to find one??

We've been watching. Hubby picked the classic pleasure driving winner tonight :) and I was proud of him for all he has learned. Then he turns to me and asks "What color is Cappy" and I answered "Bay" and he said, "Oh, I thought he was a palomino bay." It was then I decided he had a little more to learn!

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K...am I just dumb, or what?
default_doh.gif
I can't find the live video feed for Worlds! Do you have to subscribe and pay for it this year? I KNOW I watched it last year... Help!
default_frusty.gif

I was going to add the link here to the AMHA site so you could go to the live feed, but I went there and didn't find it on the site anywhere. The show is being streamed by iequine Google it and it will come up for you. We don't have permission to reciprocate this year so we don't post the live links on the forum.

Found it, thanks!
default_yes.gif
But, as far as I could see, there was NO where on the AMHA website that directed you to the live streaming. Seems strange that AMHA wouldn't have the link somewhere on THEIR site? Oh well. Thanks again!

But, as far as I could see, there was NO where on the AMHA website that directed you to the live streaming. Seems strange that AMHA wouldn't have the link somewhere on THEIR site?
Yes, THAT is for sure!!!

I don't think it was anywhere on the site last year either, but yes, it is iequine, you can watch it online or they have an app for your phone as well.

I dont know how many of you attend or have watched any of the AMHA or AMHR shows. I was watching AMHR nationals last week and now the AMHA world show. I noticed in the halter classes there is a lot of parking out and stretching going on..... I thought they were supposed to not be stretched??? I guess I am just completely new/ignorant to this as I know almost nothing about mini halter. It was much worse at AMHR (I am guessing because of all the Shetland influence) but I was under the assumption that if they were too stretched that the judges were to ask them to reset.

I did see it more severely in AMHR, but I was seeing it in AMHA as well, and I saw maybe one judge ask one horse for a reset. Don't be shy!

In my opinion - every handler should show his/her horse to its best advantage and if you really know the animals you are handling, you will show each one just a little bit different. I grew up with Quarter Horses, but I don't think there are many miniatures that look their best when perfectly square - it just makes the horse look clunky and un-graceful (is that a word?). Now if they are parked out so far that their back legs are in a different county, that is not flattering either, and does not allow for a good view of the hind quarters and whether or not they are as strong as they should be. I like a long, level hip with a strong gaskin, and if parked out to the extreme, you cannot see it all that well.

Oh I agree, miniatures shouldn't be shown like a QH, they are not QH type build, but many, many of them were parked out like a saddlebred.....arab type is what they should be shown like....

Latest posts

Back