AMHA, what kind of names get turned down?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Need to register a horse, born here this year.

I do know they can reject a name. If it is already in use, wrong prefix, that kind of thing.

But can they reject a name for what it says? They don't like the wording????

I have sent in Opies.

His name was put on as: VV's I ain't No Pony

Why, because he is so small and I just liked it. It has been 2 months, I know they are behind.

But can they reject it for what it says???????

We have a Tony The Pony who's had his papers for 3 years now he's 32 tall.

Well, if someone is allowed to name their horse God, then surely the name you requested should be acceptable.

Putting on my flame retardent suit now!

saludando.gif

Frankie,

I just checked AMHR studbook and couldn't find him but they did have these listed:

AINT I GRAND - 93524A

AINT NO BIG THING - 15650A

AINT SHE PRETTY - 11913B

AINT SHE SWEET - 76069T

I can't see any reason why you couldn't have "VV's I ain't No Pony"

I think it is cute!!!!

OOOOOPS!! Sorry, guess I didn't read right - you wanted AMHA!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Opie's name! I sent in Thera's perm papers at leat 10-12 wks ago and I still don't have em back so I can't register her filly yet, sigh. I'm sure it's ok.

laugh.gif

I like that name!

At least you didn't name him Hoof Hearted... as someone actually named a Thoroughbred a few years ago... and the race callers had a terrible time with that....

[SIZE=10pt]And DOOOOWN the stretch they come... Hoof Hearted on the outside.... Hoof Hearted by a length... [/SIZE]
wink.gif

To be honest I am not even sure why on earth you would think it would be and isue and it would be rejected?

I just do not understand why a name would be rejected, and I know some names have been. My hope, is their being swamped. So was just asking why a name may be rejected.

AMHA is behind, I sent some in back in early July (had to call as I had a show coming up just two weeks ago) and they hadn't gotten to them yet, but did pull them that day as I needed them the next week.

As far as names - it is more if another horse is already named that or things that they would/could consider vulger I think...........like I know that things like What the Buck, Buck the System and the likes- amha had to think about them as they we thinking about them with transposing the B to another letter.

edited to add - that I wasn't saying I find the Buck names offensive, I find them very creative, I was just stating my thoughts on some names that I know Robin told me amha sort of took second looks at.

The only time I know of one being rejected is a horse I used to own (Sunny has him now !!) who's Buck Off's Naked Truth. The breeder wanted to name him Buck Naked, but AMHA wouldn't allow it.

So Sunny - is he - Still Naked in Canada???
rolleyes.gif
or You got Naked in the barn?

I sent in papers in May and didn't have them back yet until I called.

LOL!! Yes, Ruffian, I get Naked in the barn every day! But with our new Arenosa colt, I'll have to get Naked in someone else's barn before too long.
blush.gif

Sunny said:
LOL!!  Yes, Ruffian, I get Naked in the barn every day!  But with our new Arenosa colt, I'll have to get Naked in someone else's barn before too long. 
blush.gif

479220[/snapback]

aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

Sunny said:
LOL!!  Yes, Ruffian, I get Naked in the barn every day!  But with our new Arenosa colt, I'll have to get Naked in someone else's barn before too long. 
blush.gif

479220[/snapback]

OMgosh..next you telling us you feed naked, you jump naked, you water naked....mhmhmhmh...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

One more additional thought on the lines of what names are appropriate and what names are not appropriate.....

I personally am MUCH MORE OFFENDED by the registered names that contain racial slang than I am the ones that involve the create use of the word BUCK (use your imagination).

I for one wish that the racially offensive names, even dating decades back, would be changed just as it is inappropriate for them to be used today, it should not have been allowed 20 years ago either.

Lauralee, I know the names you mean and I AGREE! Those offend me as well.

Like Lazy Ns _ _ _ _ _ _ Boy.
no.gif

Latest posts

Back