AMHA Unveils HorseStudbook.com

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quintin

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Dear Lil’ Beginnings Forum Members,[/SIZE]

I see some of you are struggling and getting a bit frustrated with using the newly launched online site by the AMHA. Let us see if we can resolve some of your issues immediately:

LETTERS AND NO LETTERS

We have sent an email to all the email addresses of current AMHA Members currently on our database. If you did not receive a letter with your ID and Password it must be because we do not have you as a registered member on file or we do not have a valid e-mail address for you. It might have happened that you received someone elses logon details on your email such as your spouse, children or other co-members details. This would have only happened if the membership was provided with this email.

You can go ahead and register online in case you have not received the email with your ID and Password. The system will the go ahead and issue you with an id and Password.

NONE OF TE BUTTONS WORK

For the buttons to work you have to select a record of the horse/person/show first. Just click on the little square selection box to the left of the applicable record. The system will return with a tick mark in the box. In the case of shows the heading at the top of the screen will display the name of the selected show. Once this is accomplished you can go ahead and click any of the buttons to load pictures, view pedigrees or to research ancestors or descendants.

CANT CHANGE MY PROFILE

Currently the system does not allow anyone to change personal data or add anything other than pictures and notes. This will soon change as policies and new business processes are put into place. Check back regularly to see how the system opens up to empower you as policies are implemented.

I DO NOT SEE MY HORSES

Under the “My Horses†section you will see horses when they are registered under the same profile as the one you used to log in with as well as in some cases the horses that belongs to a profile of which you are a co-member. Unfortunately the old system did not manage the co-member properly and a lot of it is stored in ways which will need human intervention to interpret and implement in the new system. We will soon send you an email requesting your assistance to correct this matter.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND HELP

I will continue to answer some issues here on this forum but would really appreciate if you could first check the FAQ (HowTo) section which you will find on the left panel of the screen. We are adding more help files on a regular basis.

CONCLUSION

We at AMHA are highly excited about this and if the initial participation is any indication of the future we can expect a great success. Within the first 24 hrs of the launch-email we had over 500 logins who in total loaded more than 600 photos of their little ones and hundreds of pedigrees were researched.

Quintin

AMHA

:aktion033: Thanks for the info.. I have loaded lots of pictures , and really enjoyed the new program.. Thank you for explaining about the having to check the little boxes and etc. This is a great program and once it is all put together it will be so easy and useful.. I am keeping my fingers crossed that ASPC /AMHR decides to use this same program...
default_yes.gif
:

Quintin,

The idea behind the program is excellent, but I have a concern about the pictures. Currently, anyone can upload a picture for anyone's horse, not just the horses they currently own. So, theoretically, I could log in and find someone has uploaded a picture of a dwarf to my horse's name. That's an extreme, I know, but still. Is there a way to make it so only the owner of the horse can upload pictures?

Stephanie

I still can't get it to work, even with reading the FAQ's. I guess I might try again once they get all the information in place / bugs worked out.

I still don't understand why the system lists all of my AMHR horses and not my AMHA horses.
default_wacko.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a great idea and I am having fun with it so far - despite the frustrations. AMHA (Quintin) has been quick about responding and I want to thank him for that. I also knew that Belinda had posted a pic of Red Boy, because it came up in one of our minis pedigrees. That was very neat - thanks Belinda! I share Stephanie's concern about posting pictures of someone else's horses though. I hope that can be modified.

Keep the improvements coming and THANKS.

I still can't get it to work, even with reading the FAQ's. I guess I might try again once they get all the information in place / bugs worked out.

I still don't understand why the system lists all of my AMHR horses and not my AMHA horses.
default_wacko.png
:
I have the same problem as well. My AMHR horses show up but not my AMHA. Also under my profile it has my current moving address and everything. AMHR has my current info, AMHA does not as I have not sent in my membership yet for AMHA. So was wondering how they got this current information.

I'm sure its a great program once everything is taken care of, but for me so many questions lol.

I've really been having fun fooling with it and think it will be so much nicer than the current On Line Studbook. Thanks Quintin and AMHA for giving this service to the membership!!!

champagne.gif

Well, I cannot even get logged on. I didn't get an email from AMHA even though they have emailed me before regarding other things. I went to the sight and tried to register and got a message that I was already registered (addressed to my wife even though I always do all the correspondence). I clicked on the link for them to send me the password and user id and somehow got two different user ids and passwords. I cannot get on using either one of them. I just get a message saying invalid user id or password. I emailed asking for help and have not heard back (of course it was Friday night so probably won't hear back until Monday).

This is pretty cool. Thank you Quentin for visiting us here at LB! Nice to put a face with the name.

Carlene,

Go to HorseStudbook.com and on the left side there are menu options. Pick the one that says register.

You'll only be registered temporarily as a guest, until they can match up your identity with your horses. I'm still a guest, awaiting the final registration process, which I imagine will happen in a few days. I expect to receive a notice by email that it is complete.

That should get you started.

Lauralee

Great Job :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Even with using my left arm, I can do it?
default_wink.png
: I just get tired easily after my operation.

Love it thanks for this great addition
default_wub.png
:

I did it! Got to log in, upload pictures, and check pedigrees. Worked great, thanks for all the info.

However, did find some errors in pedigree and offspring, which I'll e-mail about. I'm also concerned about anyone being able to upload any picture in any horse's name. I could have done it to someone else's horse even though I don't own the horse. So......guess there are still bugs to work out in this huge database.

All in all, it seems very easy to use!

I registered temporarily as a guest, and they already have my email address so they have me listed as my husband. None of the horses are in his name so I can't see any of them.

They also have the word "deceased" next to his name, which he most certainly is NOT. :eek:

I can't wait til this is all straightened out so I can see all of this!

I registered temporarily as a guest, and they already have my email address so they have me listed as my husband. None of the horses are in his name so I can't see any of them.
Well they don't have hubby as deceased, but I have the same issue. THe only 4 horses that come up I haven't had for 20 + years.

My horses are there, because I looked them up by name, and they do show me as the owner, but I can't get the list to come up under my name. I sent a note to Quintin.
default_unsure.png
:

OK, Quintin saw my post on here and called me to ask me about my problems. I applaud him for his interest and concern! :aktion033:

I was actually away from home when he called (had calls transfered to my cell phone) but he talked to me a good little bit and sent me another email. When I got home, I was able to log on using the new information he sent me. I haven't had time yet to really study it out, but I think that is about the best customer service I have ever experienced!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but I just wanted to say that Quintin has always been so helpful! :aktion033: He's been the most helpful to me of anyone at either of the registries.
default_yes.gif
:

Sorry, But I have a stupid question.

Is this free (horsestudbook.com ), or does this require a yearly fee?

Sorry, I have been working a lot lately and am behind the curve ball. I guess a lot has changed. Even some of the smilies.

Deb

I got my email after registering and was able to log in the other day, but today am having no success.

When I was logged in I wasn't able to get anywhere or find any of my horses. I am confused?????

If I could log in again I could try again. Do I need to re-register?

Julie

Quintin, has done an outstanding job with this entire new stud book. I know there are some issues but when you really think about all the info in there it is amazing. We have used some of the herd book avail with our cattle breed and it took much longer to get running and after several years it still has issues.

So congrats and thank you :aktion033:

Mark

Latest posts

Back