AMHA to AMHR Hardshipping ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrminis

Reaction score
This is not a horse I own but possibly one I am looking at...

If a horse is AMHA registered only and listed as below 34" but when measured is actually over 35" (a true over not just bad measuring) can the horse still be hardshipped into AMHR based on the A papers (except with the correct height)?

Or does it essentially become unregistered because the A papers are technically no longer valid? Just want to know if I am looking at an essentially "unregistered" horse or a horse that can be hardshipped into AMHR based on those papers..

Thank you!

As far as I know, horses can still be registered R from A. They just need an application and a copy of the front and back of the A papers.

Make sure you look at the forms carefully, there is a new form to hardship now. Its not the regular registeration application anymore.

Wouldn't it be an issue if you are looking to buy an AMHA horse that you know is over? The horse is not currently in your name, so... you'd have to lie on the transfer papers to bring them upto date, put the under height on those AMHA transfer papers, get them in your name, then hardship into AMHR with the correct height, and then if you want to go back to being honest about it, send in those AMHA papers as the horse being over. So how do you honestly buy an over AMHA horse, and get them hardshipped into R?

Hardship in the current owners name, transfer to the new owner at the same time and then turn in the AMHA papers. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Get the seller to sign an AMHR transfer, hardship the horse into AMHR in the name of the seller along with the transfer to put him into your name.

Oh I guess Karen was posting the same time

I was!

Last edited by a moderator:
we got a filly one time we were told was going to over 34, so she would out grow her papers. we copy those papers along with a note from the previous owners then sent to AMHR hardship her into our name
default_smile.png

I only had to sent a copy of the amha papers to AMHR.When I sent the papers back to amha I told them she was older so then they were revoked with amha.Hardshipping into amhr this year is half off.I hardship my black pinto mare who was only amha this year.

I hardshipped 4 mares this year in February and used the old registration form, have gotten all the new AMHR certificates back, didn't even know there were new forms. Will have to look into that as I have one more mare to hardship this year before the half price sale ends.

The new hardshipping form was just put on the website in April I believe; it is showing as updated on April 13th of this year. It's basically a very simplified registration application.

Latest posts

Back