AMHA to AMHR hardship

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can
default_smile.png

I know AMHA is 2013 but when is the cut off for AMHR?

I know AMHA is 2013 but when is the cut off for AMHR?
There isn't one. As long as the horse is registered with AMHA, ASPC or the Falabella registry it can be "hardshipped" into AMHR. AMHR has already closed to horses that are not registered with one of those 3 registries.

If I had a horse I wanted to hardship amha to amhr i would never wait though. As we all know things can change fast in either registry (especially after convention) I still remember them closing hardshipping to unregistered horses without much notice and it went into effect right after convention.

If I had a horse I wanted to hardship amha to amhr i would never wait though. As we all know things can change fast in either registry (especially after convention) I still remember them closing hardshipping to unregistered horses without much notice and it went into effect right after convention.
Is that right regarding AMHR hardship?

I remember that I debated for some time whether or not to hardship a grade mare I used to own and had lots of time to decide all the time knowing I had until ________ (deadline) to get it done. It seemed like there was plenty of time for those who were really going to hardship into AMHR to get it done.

That said, I do agree not to procrastinate. Once you decide you should do something no matter what it is, most of what can happen by putting it off is usually bad.

Also, in case it is helpful, you can read the fees for it on page 2 of the AMHR registration application (form link). Note, normal registration/application fees apply with the additional $200 fee for hardshipping from the AMHA papers.

AMHR%20Registration%20Fees.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember about hardshipping to AMHR, but I do know when they doubled the fees for transfering into R from A. There was a short warning period that the fees were going up and I double registered every mare I had. When R changed the fee for reserving a prefix or suffix from $20 to $100 (or is it $200?) the change took place immediately with no notice whatsoever. Sure glad I had mine before that happened.

I just called this week and was told if the AMHA stallion is past 3rd birthday it is 460.00 to hardship.

That isn't correct about how quickly hardshipping was closed. There was a certain window of opportunity to hardship horses and to register AMHA horses for the old fee of $50. It wasn't a huge amount of time (not years like AMHA has given with their 2013 date for the end of hardshipping) but there was definitely the opportunity to get your mature horses registered before hardshipping closed and to register your AMHA horses for the cheap rate of $50. The ones that got left higha nd dry were the people with yearlings or two year olds that they had been planning to hardship 'next year' or 'in two years'...

However, Songcatcher is right--the huge fee increase for registering a prefix went up immediately after it was voted in at convention. It was voted in on Saturday (or Friday?) and the fee increase went into effect on Monday. No warning on that one.

Thanks, Holly
default_smile.png
That was my memory of it as well.

And, yes, I do remember the instant increase on prefixes / suffixes. But, then people were registering so many common words and I think it was in response to the desire to stop that issue when it was nothing but a whim on the part of those "claiming" common words as their own.

The ones waiting to hardship 2 year olds etc is what I am referring to. (many of those breeders were crossing to get harnessbred horses in miniature) For them it was a nightmare. I believe Mary Lou was one that got caught in that. I do not remember exactly how long was given but in breeding terms it was not a lot of notice. Now not saying that is right or wrong. Just saying I would never wait because you never know what will happen and how much notice will be given. With convention right around the corner I would not wait.
default_smile.png
I really doubt they will change it but you just never know.

Kaykay your right. As soon as I get these mares papers back from A they are being hardshipped into R asap.

I dont need them raising their prices!

Just harshipped a mare into A last month and that was a little pricey.
default_new_shocked.gif

That isn't correct about how quickly hardshipping was closed. There was a certain window of opportunity to hardship horses and to register AMHA horses for the old fee of $50. It wasn't a huge amount of time (not years like AMHA has given with their 2013 date for the end of hardshipping) but there was definitely the opportunity to get your mature horses registered before hardshipping closed and to register your AMHA horses for the cheap rate of $50. The ones that got left higha nd dry were the people with yearlings or two year olds that they had been planning to hardship 'next year' or 'in two years'...
But AMHR never had an age limit. I hardshipped MANY A only weanlings before they upped the price. It cost the regular registration fee plus $50. So if you had a weaner it was the $20 plus $50.

Lucy

Latest posts

Back