AMHA Sanctioned shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
I would like to communicate with any of the forum members who are focused on "A" size horses and can provide information or feedback on having shows and events strictly devoted to the small horses.

I am aware of the Smallest Horse Group in the U.S. and I will talk to that group as well.

Mary and Mike (mdegner on here) focus on "A" sized horses and have put a lot of shows together. I would definitely get in touch with them
default_smile.png

Please feel free to contact us if there is any way Frank or I could help. We have been involved with planning AMHA shows and we also have a strong preference for the under 30" horses.

A sized horses here only as well. No AMHA shows in MI tho....

A horses on this farm as well.

I breed and show A size horses. And show mostly AMHA. Please feel free to contact me if I can offer any information.

We have all A size horses too and belong to the Smallest Horse Group. I live in PA near the NY state border and cannot go far for shows but all the shows in NY are AMHR shows. We do show in them but smaller horses are at a disadvantage at R shows because most do not have classes broken down by size except for A and B. That being said the stallion in my avatar did very well at R shows last year winning a number of Champion of Champions.

Hi, My husband and I breed and show only AMHA/AMHR A size horses:0) We show AMHA. We have such a good time at the shows and have met such great people!

Please feel free to contact us as well:0) We are in Kansas
default_saludando.gif

Joy

Hello,

I'm a fan of under horses but show mostly overs. I am involved in the planning of our club shows and we do an AMHA show every July in Nebraska. Feel free to contact me if you have any show planning questions.

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]

One of the main problems with an AMHA only show is the fact that as it would be the only one in Ontario. The points earned at one show probably won't be enough to earn year end recognition, especially since it is my understanding that AMHA doesn't have a Canadian all-star division like AMHR does and many of us don't want to deal with the costs, basically without any return.

I totally understand the desire to be able to show without the pony influence (stretching the horses out, taller etc...) but I'm just not sure that it is feasible to have an AMHA sanctionned show.

What if we could plan three AMHA shows in Ontario???
From our club's experience (Bluestem MHC) we need to bundle our AMHA show with an AMHR show the day before in order to draw enough horses. This helps increase the number at our AMHR show too so if helps both shows. Our shows are in Lincoln, Nebraska and we are the only AMHA show in Nebraska.

Jacki Loomis

Sorry, haven't been on Lil Beg in a couple of months so I missed this....

I don't know where you live in Ontario but the Minnesota and the South Dakota clubs have AMHA shows annually with three judges (AMHR/AMHA show bundled). The MN state fair also has an AMHA two judge show as part of the state fair. I know you would have to cross the border, but, they might be your closest. The SD show is in May in Sioux Falls, SD and the Minnesota show is in July in Windom MN. Let me know if you want links to the club websites.

We have double registered horses but am focusing more on AMHA in the near future. Unfortunately, there simply aren't many shows up here in this part of the country but we are hoping to go to the one Jackie mentioned above in Lincoln. We don't go to the MN State Fair show (late August, St. Paul MN) as its just too crowded for our taste but they typically have good judges and do some payouts.

Mike and I were part of the MMHC show planning for a number of years and are familiar with the process if you would like to talk or need assistance. I think it would be fantastic if someone could get an AMHA show going "up nort".

Finally, Mike won AMHA regional high point amateur level 1 this year and three of our horses were AMHA Honor Roll this year, including a belt buckle winning 1st place and we only went to two shows (total of 6 judges), so it is possible. particularly with amateur classes to get Honor Roll mention with minimal showing. Good luck to you and feel free to PM or respond to us ([email protected])!

Latest posts

Back