AMHA Registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
I recently acquired a miniature horse that was misregistered as a sorrel pinto that is clearly a silver bay (see photo below). I am about to send in the original papers as well as updated photos to AMHA for a color correction.

Will they allow silvers to be registered or will she be incorrectly called a bay?

Can all the various silvers now be registered?

Silver Black

Silver Bay

Silver Chestnut

Silver Buckskin etc?????

Thank you.

kitty1.jpg

Joanne, To be honest I never know if AMHA is going to accept "silver bay" or any of the silver descriptions.

I have sent in paperwork several times -- specifically for silver bay and sometimes it's accepted and sometimes it isn't.

I think they keep changing their policies.

I just got Darla's Reg papers back from AMHA and when she was a baby they said she was a dun Appalooosa. Which of course she was not a dun.

When I made her Perm. I had them change the color to Silver Bay Appalooosa. Its right on her Reg papers that way now. They didn't give me a hard time at all.
default_rolleyes.gif

Joyce

Did either of you send in genetic testing to prove what it was or just the photos?

The photos really should be enough but....

I registered a Silver Bay Pinto (I think three years ago now). On her registration certificate it states Silver Bay, but on the Studbook Online, it only states PBA (Pinto Bay) as they have no abbreviation for Silver Bay.

I registered a Silver Bay Pinto (I think three years ago now). On her registration certificate it states Silver Bay, but on the Studbook Online, it only states PBA (Pinto Bay) as they have no abbreviation for Silver Bay.
Same thing here. I registered a 2008 foal as a silver bay pinto with AMHA and AMHR. In the AMHA studbooks, he's listed as just bay pinto. But his papers for both A and R say 'silver bay pinto'. No color testing done.

I don't think you'll have any problems getting the color changed.
default_smile.png

I don't see any problem with getting the color changed and I also wanted to say she is just beautiful Joanne. Congratulations!

Thank you all for your comments. I am sending them in today with hopes that they will be listed correctly!

Wish they could get the studbook to add the silver portion. It seems amazing as the silver gene is one of the things that makes our breed unique. You would think that would be a logical thing to add silver to the studbook.

Latest posts

Back