AMHA registration question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need to pay for late temporary to permanent registration which is $50. The mare would also need to be DNA tested which is $41 and then the transfer fee.

I don't think she would need to be DNA tested to be made permanent. But it will cost you $50.00 to make her perm and $15.00 to transfer - for a total of $65.00.

SLV is right. I've purchased several horses in the past that had not been taken permanent. Mares and a stallion. Just pay the temp to perm late fee and the transfer is all it takes. Easy to do and worth the money!

Well that is not so bad. I had been told that basically she was unregistered now and it was going to be near hardship fee to get her updated.

I had never heard of this but then again, I have never dealt with a horse that was 4 years late being brought current!

Thank you

I bought a mare last fall that was 9 at the time and just now taken permanent. No hardship fees involved. $50 late fee.

Any thing extra that you needed from the seller?

We have registration papers and transfer all signed. We of course will get the pictures taken on our end. Anything else? The current owner is moving and we want to get everything we may need now.

I bought a stallion in November that hadn't been brought permanent, he's 12 years old. I had the original registration papers, signed transfer slip and $115 (then a friend helped me take pics); AMHA sent me out updated permanent papers with no problem. So, I now have his permanent papers in my name, not really a big deal, just costs a little more than temp to perm on time. Just be sure you have a signed transfer (signed by all owners listed, if the papers say "and").

When I got everything straightened out and transferred Kody's papers a few months after getting him he was four months shy of his fifth birthday. We had no problems with AMHR but of course his A papers were temporary. I don't show A, as a gelding I can guarantee he'll never be bred
default_wink.png
and I don't plan to sell him so he's now going on 8 years old and still not permanent.
default_whistling.gif
My bad!
default_biggrin.png

Mom and I keep saying we need to take new pictures and send them in...it's only $20 for a gelding last I looked (three years ago) or apparently $50. Maybe this spring....

Leia

Latest posts

Back