AMHA reg pros!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kales

Reaction score
Ok all you paper work pros I need your help!

I'm registering my 7 year old mare that I bred...only took me 7 yrs to get on the paper work :p

So I own the dam still and I'm the AMHA registered owner on the dams papers.

I just filled out and payed online for my new amha membership since it expired 5 yrs ago.

The stallions owners did put on the breeding on the stallions breeding report the year she was bred.

I do have the breeding certificate

Both dam and sir are DNA tested

the foal(now mare) is not over 34"

Soooo where do I start?!?!? Lol

Do I need to temporary register her first? Any DNA testing? What are the fees for registering a 7yr old mare? I've seen 2 cost and kinda confused on what one.

Any help would be great
default_smile.png

Lost and confused, kales

I would suggest you call the AMHA office. They are very helpful folks and should be able to direct you properly.

Pam in the registration dept at AMHA is wonderful and can tell you everything you need to do. She has helped me out more than once on confusing stuff- give her a call and have your pen and paper handy to jot down all that you will need to do.

At her age, there is no temporary registration. They are permanent at 3 now. I dont know if she would need to be pq'd and dna'd- give Pam a call. That would be easiest and you wont get any wrong info.

You will do the registration just as you normally would, you will have to PQ her since she is over 2 years old. The cost will be $60 for a horse over 24 months and $41 for the DNA. Four photos and all of the paperwork and the fees should be mailed in, they will send the DNA kit, you can get it by email as well, pull hair (mane or tail works as long as you get the roots). Once the DNA is completed, they will issue you the registration certificate.

Oh one more lol

Do I need to DNA test the dam of this horse as well?

Thanks

Both sire and dam must be DNA tested, thats the only way to Parent Qualify a horse. But they do not have to be PQ themselves.

Your first post said that both dam and sire are DNA'd--if that is correct then you do not have to DNA the dam again.

Yes, both dam and sire are DNA tested already.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back