AMHA Meeting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsehug

Reaction score
I'm really really missing getting to watch the AMHA meeting online like I did the last few years. So I'd really appreciate any news of any changes in rules or new rules or anything else interesting that happens at it from those of you who were fortunate to get to attend.

Thanks so much!

Susan O.

Pres. Harry Elder

VP. Sid Hutchcraft

Sec. Julie Good

Treas. Frank Lupton

All proposed show rules passes.

Hardship failed.

I am delighted to report that the Liberty Class rule clarification passed!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

It seems such a long time going through the process.

Pres. Harry Elder

VP. Sid Hutchcraft

Sec. Julie Good

Treas. Frank Lupton

All proposed show rules passes.

Hardship failed.
Jim Barenklau is also on the EC as the immediate past president joining the others Tony mentioned.

He's talking about opening up the hardship for AMHR horses when they close it in 2013. It was voted by the members at the meeting and it failed. I'm curious how many were for and against this.

He's talking about opening up the hardship for AMHR horses when they close it in 2013. It was voted by the members at the meeting and it failed. I'm curious how many were for and against this.

So AMHA won't allow AMHR horses to be hardshipped in after 2013?

So AMHA won't allow AMHR horses to be hardshipped in after 2013?
That is correct.

I'm curious how many were for and against this.
What I was told is that very few voted 'for' this....a low number like 4 or so. This isn't official, just an estimate.

Our updated Standard of Perfection passed.
default_aktion033.gif
I hope it's up on the web site SOON.
default_yes.gif

Attendance was very low at this meeting. I think we counted off 59 on Saturday.

I believe I may have been the only one there who did vote for it, lol! Nothing like swimming upstream.

I understand the reasons that people voted it down and will admit on reflection that my motives are probably different than most in that room. I have hardshipped 2 horses that previously were amhr only. I have one more r-only filly I am going to keep and want to register her simply for the matter of showing her in the a registry. I am no longer interested in breeding at all.

It occurred to me during the meeting that a limited registration for showing purposes only might be a viable alternative. This would not harm the situation with breeding on different "type" and would help produce revenue for the registry as well as help increase entries at the shows. What are people's thoughts on this?

As a footnote, I attended mainly because my proposal I first posted about here last summer regarding heavily penalizing in the judging horses showing labored breathing, wheezing, or roaring in the driving classes was being reviewed in committee. It passed through as written. One point for the horses! I would really like to thank those on the show rules committee who were so supportive and helpful in this process.
default_smile.png

As a footnote, I attended mainly because my proposal I first posted about here last summer regarding heavily penalizing in the judging horses showing labored breathing, wheezing, or roaring in the driving classes was being reviewed in committee. It passed through as written. One point for the horses! I would really like to thank those on the show rules committee who were so supportive and helpful in this process.
I'm VERY glad to hear this!

It occurred to me during the meeting that a limited registration for showing purposes only might be a viable alternative. This would not harm the situation with breeding on different "type" and would help produce revenue for the registry as well as help increase entries at the shows. What are people's thoughts on this?

IMO, there's no way something like that would pass. Too many people don't want to show against "ASPC type".

That is correct.

Thanks Charlotte
default_aktion033.gif

What I was told is that very few voted 'for' this....a low number like 4 or so. This isn't official, just an estimate.

Our updated Standard of Perfection passed.
default_aktion033.gif
I hope it's up on the web site SOON.
default_yes.gif

The smallest turnout ever. Seventy-two registered voters.

That is truly a shame they voted to not hardship..... Do not think that was a very financially wise decision........ Such a shame...

That is truly a shame they voted to not hardship..... Do not think that was a very financially wise decision........ Such a shame...
I agree 100% with your statement. In fact, I wrote a detailed letter to this effect to the general meeting, since I could not afford to attend.

Latest posts

Back