AMHA Meeting Webcast

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Becky, for posting that link! I am looking forward to watching.

New this year, we will be webcasting the awards banquet on friday evening. The banquet starts at 6:30pm Eastern time, not sure when the webcast will start, but I will try to find out and post that later.

I think this is truly a wonderful service offered to everyone

Anyone else watching ? talking about the arab and stock type horses.
default_saludando.gif

Giving LB a good plug...
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the comment that it is the registry that is making 9X the money for AMHA.

Not the shows, so if we do not show at the World etc., we are still doing our part for the AMHA by making sure all our horses get registered.

I should add, that I love watching the shows thou, and do participate in our own area.

Love the ideal of the MINI MONOPOLY GAME

Looked on the AMHA site but did not see it there?

Can someone help me out? thanks
default_wub.png

What did they say about the MINI MONOPOLY GAME? Is it out so you can buy it??
Yes, can buy it there at the Meeting or on the AMHA web site is what I understood?

1 is $35.00

2 or more $30.00 each.

When talking about members international.

What about Ontario or Canada?

Being in Ontario we do not have an AMHA club or show
default_wub.png

I should mention we do have a MHCO but no shows for AMHA

We do have a couple of fair shows, for horses under 34" but are just getting into

the proper measurements for these horses. Thanks to Gene

We bring alot of USA minis here into Canada, but I do believe less go across the border?

So I do believe in Ontario most of the members are turning to AMHR and do not keep the registry up on foals for AMHA ( I can tell you most of the members at our MHCO) are mostly AMHR ONLY I believe have a total of close to 200 members in this Club / I hear it all the time, AMHA is too costly and no shows so why bother.

I also have seen quite a few of these members show at the AMHR Nationals Only.

Just wondering how we can get these members to at least register their foals with AMHA.?

Double Diamond also sells the Miniopoly games - same price - send them an email.

I have two games ..... kept one sealed up in the event they continue over the years, I'll have the first one. The second we opened (and have played) because sponsored and wanted to see how we looked on the game, LOL

They did a fabulous job with the game - excellent!

Missed hearing when lunch break would be over?

They are back and enjoying the talking..

it is wonderful how we can join the meeting over the Internet.

Thanks for doing this for all of us.

Interesting debate between Patty Cloke and the Performance Committee about the rule definitions in Single Pleasure, about the head having to be "perpendicular" to the ground. Patty's point was not all horses have the conformation to be "perpendicular" and yet they looked to be in correct frame. She didn't agree that the rules should say something that the judges should follow, that is contrary to how many horses carry their head.

The performance committee said that this means "what is ideal" and the judges will use the horses that are the closest to ideal.

The rule change was defeated, but you could tell the people of the performance committee were very upset about this defeat. They thought they were clearifying the rules. Maybe Patty should be on this committee to help them clearify the rules for the driving classes.

Congrats to Oregon's own Joanne Ross of Scott Creek Miniatures, on being elected to the Board as Member at Large. I am sure, with her passion for the Amatuer Program, she will represent the people is a positive way.

The problem I had with the illustration is that the picture looked like a saddle horse, very high headed and verticle face, very few minis can work that way. People who don't have a trainer or much performance background use something like the rule book as a guide for what a pleasure horse MUST look like even though other head sets are also appropriate basd on the conformation of the individual horse. I would like to see maybe both ends of the spectrum so people understand there is an acceptable range. That is the reason I voted it down.

People might ask why I didn't go to the performance committee meeting and speak. I was booted off the committee way back when it started up (after only a few months as a part of the group) to allow someone else on who happens to be a judge. I don't go where my opinion is not valued. That was a major slap in the face to be treated that way by someone who doesn't even know about my background and made assumptions based on a visual picture. (of me)

Jody,

I just wanted to say it was great to see you on the webcast and put a face with the name of one who always so generously comes on here to answer our questions and help us understand things about AMHA and meetings and rules. I for one really appreciate you.

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back