AMHA is closing the hardship registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my understanding it will close in 2013. Maybe the AMHA website has more information. It was in the World I believe a few issues back.

It is my understanding it will close in 2013. Maybe the AMHA website has more information. It was in the World I believe a few issues back.
Thanks I don't get the AMHA World magazine, so id someone knows the dates other than what Iowa said, then I will go with 2013, but had a friend recently say something about 2010???

Jenny

Jenny AMHA now has their magazine available online at their website www.amha.org

Kay

Yes, it closes in 2013. We set the date far enough in the future to allow those who bought horses to hardship in enough time to do that.

Don't forget, three year olds can be taken perm starting next year so you can still buy young horses to hardship.

Yes, it closes in 2013. We set the date far enough in the future to allow those who bought horses to hardship in enough time to do that. Don't forget, three year olds can be taken perm starting next year so you can still buy young horses to hardship.

Thanks Jody...we have some right now that might need to be hardshipped and one filly who will be 3 in 2012! YES!!...will they ever take them again after 2013 do you think and what are your thoughts?
default_laugh.png
...Thanks Kay I will look into that
default_yes.gif

Thanks all,

Jenny

I hope it isn't reversed, but that would be up to the membership. Someone can always come along and submit all the needed rule changes and a majority vote by the members attending that annual meeting can re-instate hardshipping.

When can we start bringing our 3 year olds permenant in 2010? Is it just January 1st or is there a specific date?

Thanks!

I still have this question...no one seems to want to answer, have emailed AMHA and no response. What impact does this have on progeny hardship? Does this mean progeny of hardshipped mares or stallions must be hardshipped prior to their 3rd birthday as opposed to 5th birthday now???

Is it also my understanding they will starting on Jan. 1st cut the gelding hardship price in half? If so we got 2 geldings we would like to hardship one we might do next year if thats the case and the other will have to wait til hes 3.

Stormy, I have a call in to the AMHA president to get an answer for you. Same on the gelding hardship question.

Yes, it closes in 2013. We set the date far enough in the future to allow those who bought horses to hardship in enough time to do that. Don't forget, three year olds can be taken perm starting next year so you can still buy young horses to hardship.

Can you tell me where this rule change is...what issue of MHW?? Thank you

Latest posts

Back