AMHA Hardship Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
I'm still fairly new to AMHA and so I have a few questions regarding hardship/registration..

I have two mares, both are AMHR registered only and both measure in under 34", now can I hardship those into AMHA? Since they measure in under the height limit? Or do they have to have at least one AMHA parent?

Also, if those two mares were to be bred to an AMHR/AMHA stallion, could the resulting foals be hardship into AMHA as long as they stay under the height limit?

You can hardship both and if both are in foal to AMHA/AMHR stallions then both resulting foals will be double registered. Make sure you hardship the mares before the foals are born though, if you wait until after they are born, you will have to pay half the hardship fee instead of just the registration fee.

I'm still fairly new to AMHA and so I have a few questions regarding hardship/registration..

I have two mares, both are AMHR registered only and both measure in under 34", now can I hardship those into AMHA? Since they measure in under the height limit? Or do they have to have at least one AMHA parent?

Also, if those two mares were to be bred to an AMHR/AMHA stallion, could the resulting foals be hardship into AMHA as long as they stay under the height limit?
Hello,

You need to contact your local AMHA director. Hard-shipping ceases in 2011. I believe it is $600.00 for a mare. You will lose the pedigrees on the horses a big complaint of mine, as the papers will state unknown unknown. The director will measure and evaluate your horses. They must be 5 as of this year. That changes to 3 but am unsure of that date. The resulting foals receive regular papers if they are bred to an AMHA reg. or hardship stallion.

Teri

If the mares are registered AMHR and meet the height criteria they can be hardshipped into AMHA. The process is pretty simple, send in the aplication with photos, DNA, and an area representative contacts you to arrange for inspection and official measurement. For a mare the cost is $600.00 plus DNA and usually the inspector charges a fee to cover travel expenses.

If they are at least 5 years old and 34" or under you can hardship them into AMHA and it does not matter if they have registered parents at all. You fill in a hardship registration paper and send it with your $600 per mare and $41 for DNA to AMHA and they will notify you of your closest director to inspect the horse. However if you know of a director closer, like for instance at a horse show or something you can ask to use that person instead. It just has to be a current or former director.

As long as your hardship money is sent before a foal is born that foal can have AMHA papers. It will not need hardshipping.

Susan O.

I was under the impression that hardshipping ceases in 2013. Did that get revised in June? I can't find anything under the 2008 rules online AMHA site.

I was under the impression that hardshipping ceases in 2013. Did that get revised in June? I can't find anything under the 2008 rules online AMHA site.
I'm hoping your right because I was hoping to be able to hardship my filly who I don't believe will go over and she will be 5 in 2013!!!!
default_wink.png

The hardship registration closes Dec. 31, 2013. We will continue to get hardships processed during the year of 2013. The horse must be five years old by then and 34" or under. There is no change to the age at hardship.

I am in need of the same help....My mare will turn 5yrs on 7-6-09. She is bred to a double reg. stud and is due April, 09.

Do I have to wait until after her actual birthday or just after Jan. 1, 2009???

And what about the stud report??? I know it is normally due Jan. 15th.

Thank you

Any foal born in 2008 is still eligible to be hardshipped. Any foal born in 2009 or later will not be eligible.

Latest posts

Back