AMHA going Perm.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
Wow it is expensive to take a stallion permanent with AMHA, even if you are on time. Doesn't seem like going permanent should cost so much.

Gee it's just to put a measurement on. Uffta.

The 41 dollars for DNA and parent qualifing seems reasonable, but I guess I'm just used to AMHR and the five bucks to go permanent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure agree with you there, and MAN!! Don't be late!!! Fees double! $120 for a stallion!

*GASP* I am late making my R mare perm from last year- it's a whole $10!! Oops.

Just my personal opinion, but AMHA places a lot of value on those papers. With DNA requirements, it is likely that the horse in front of you is what the papers say it is. If a stallion is worth breeding, it's worth having papers that verify it's heritage. Same with mares. Those papers, hopefully, make my horses more valuable and it's important to me that they retain their value.

I agree with Becky, it is kind of nice in my opinion to have papers with some value. They also are in ways promoting gelding of horses that may not be stallion quality since you think twice about bringing them permanent as a stallion with a bit higher price.

Oh yes, I agree with Becky too. They value the papers and I think we all should. I am so proud of those parent qualified ones. I think there will come a day when everything will be parent qualified. I just think that the after you have DNA'd and asked for parent qualifying, going permanent seems kind of high. Maybe not.

Spendy??? But hardshipping AMHR at half price was making the horses worth less......?? So I guess this means the A's are more valuable?

I guess it does. Sad to say.

Not really complaining, just surprised I guess. We a save so few stallions, so guess I just didn't remember. I had better get used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a bit spendy to use your words and I do also agree that I like the DNA part of AMHA's paper work. I have always liked from the day it began and hope AMHR follows suit some day.
default_yes.gif

As far as the straight A horses selling for more than the straight R horses, we find the exact opposite. We have both straight AMHA and AMHR horses, even though most of our are at least double registered. Folks seem to be enamored with the R and S horses in todays economy in our part of the world!! .
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back