AMHA E-News March 26th - Important World Show Update Included!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Alison has just sent out her latest version of the AMHA E-News. If you are not on Alison's email listing and are an AMHA member and would like to be added to her mailing list go to: http://www.amha.org/index.asp?KeyName=801 and you will find a link to send Alison an email.

I find what is in the E-News to be timely and very useful. I have attempted to add the text from the latest E-News below. Sorry not all of the formatting came through.

At some point this information will be added to the AMHA web page at the link I gave above.

======================================

Show Season is Upon Us!

We are currently accepting reservations for advertising in the 2008 Championship and World Premium Books. A limited amount of space is available, so be sure to reserve your space today! Forms and information can be found online.

The 2008 Championship and World Shows will take place at the following locations and dates. ** Please note - the World Show will now conclude on Sunday, October 5, due to the addition of new classes.

July 24-27, 2008

2008 Western Championship Show

Reno Livestock Events Center

Reno NV

Close of Entries Postmark Deadline: June 16, 2008*

July 31-August 3, 2008

2008 Eastern Championship Show

Senator Bob Marin Eastern Ag Ctr

Williamston NC

Close of Entries Postmark Deadline: June 23, 2008*

August 7-10, 2008

2008 Central Championship Show

Kansas Coliseum

Valley Center KS

Close of Entries Postmark Deadline: June 30, 2008*

September 26-October 5, 2008

** Please note - the World Show will now conclude on Sunday, October 5, due to the addition of new classes. The schedule will be available in the World Premium Book which will mail the first week of June.

2008 World Championship Show

Will Rogers Memorial Center

Ft Worth TX

Close of Entries Postmark Deadline: August 25, 2008*

* Note: Postal Meters not accepted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miniature Horse World Deadlines

We are currently accepting ad reservations for the June/July issue of Miniature Horse World. This is the LAST issue for you to advertise in before the Championship Shows and is just around the corner from the World Show. Show off your 2008 show string today! Call or email us to reserve your ad space today. The space reservation deadline is April 22.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AMHA has been approached by CBS and asked to share the following information with our members. The show is specifically looking for Miniature Horse enthusiasts for its 10th season.

Grand prize is $500,000 - good luck!

CBS’s Big Brother is gearing up for another summer of fun!

Are you an outgoing, intriguing, competitive person who would make the perfect BIG BROTHER HouseGuest? Are you up for anything and everything? Are you ready to live inside the BIG BROTHER House with a group of strangers while multiple cameras record your every move and sound 24 hours a day, seven days a week? Are you willing to compete for half a million dollars against other participants as aggressive and ambitious as you are? If you can answer yes to these questions, you just might qualify as a contestant on BIG BROTHER.

To apply, go to www.CBS.com. Access to the Big Brother application can be found under Casting Calls on the CBS home page. To have questions answered feel free to contact:

Bonnie Clark

Casting Producer

[email protected]

2008 AMHA Rule Book Available on Request

2008 AMHA Rule Book Now Available!

The 2008 AMHA Rule Book is now available by request free of charge to all members. To request your copy please email us with your name and mailing address.

There is an important correction to the Hunter & Jumper rules in the 2008 Rule Book. Please click here to download the update.

Also, please be aware of the following:

GR-050 PROTEST

Delete: C. Protest concerning height:

Delete

1. The measurement of a horse may be protested in writing accompanied by a $50.00 deposit, prior to the horse entering the ring.

Add the following rule to be effective immediately per Membership vote at the 2008 Annual Meeting: The measurement of a horse may be protested at any time prior to the end of the show so long as the horse is present on the show grounds. The protest must be made in writing accompanied by a $100 deposit.

Show Reminder

If you have a 3 year old stallion showing in 2008, please have an “AMHA Certification of Veterinary Inspection of Stallion Form” completed by your vet before your first show. These forms are required with your show entries.

Did You Know?

Postage costs are going up again in May!

Join AMHA or renew your AMHA

Membership online by visiting this link.

AMHA News & Updates

2008 AMHA Committee List Now Online!

Visit our website to see the 2008 AMHA Committee list.

2008 AMHA World Show Judges Announced

The 2008 World Show Judges are now posted online.

It's Time to Renew Your Amateur Card!

Don't forget to renew your Amateur Card for 2008! Amateur cards are good from January - December of the year in which they are issued. Forms can be found online.

I find the E news Alison sends out very informative and she had good reminders in there too. Im bumping it up.

I DID request to be on the 'E-News' list(some time back), yet have gotten no email today, or even, since the first of the year, I don't believe(though I did get them last year.) I don't recall it being necessary to re-request it every year??? I am a Lifetime member of--oh, 15 -18 years? Guess I will email to ask about it....

Margo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. Very informative!!!

I used to get these, but didn't get this one for some reason.

Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. It has been a long time since I received one though. Thanks for posting.

Make sure to check your junk/spam settings to make sure that your software isn't intercepting it.

Make sure to check your junk/spam settings to make sure that your software isn't intercepting it.
I hadn't thought of that.

For those of you that have signed up but are not receiving the e-mails add the following addresses to your addressbook:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hopefully, this will help.

And, for those of you that want to signup send Alison a request at:

[email protected]

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning,

May I ask "Why" a postal meter stamped is not accepted? That's better than a stamp and it clearly gives the date the person mailed the entries.

Thanks.

Karen

Good Morning,

May I ask "Why" a postal meter stamped is not accepted? That's better than a stamp and it clearly gives the date the person mailed the entries.

Thanks.

Karen

default_unsure.png
huh?

Hi Jody,,

This is the reason for my question:

2008 World Championship Show

Will Rogers Memorial Center

Ft Worth TX

Close of Entries Postmark Deadline: August 25, 2008*

* Note: Postal Meters not accepted.

From Neils original post.

Karen

I always check what has gone to my 'junk mail' folder before summarily emptying it, so for me at least, that shouldn't be the problem. Interesting, though, that others are experiencing the same 'sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't', or 'I was supposed to be getting it, but not I'm not' (??) phenomenon...seems like the emailing program should be more 'reliable' than that...(now, I am NOT 'dissing' Alison, who seems a fine young woman who has done a great job within AMHA, BTW!)

Margo

I'll ask, but will take a wild guess that Postal meter markings can be forged? I'll check for sure.

Don't you set the date on a postal meter yourself? That would allow someone with access to a postal meter to mail their entries later but have a different date.

Jody,

I work in an office that has a postal meter and take care of that postal machine on a daily basis. You cannot "forge" a postal date it's an imprinted date in red ink. You cannot move a date "back" to meet a particular date either. So don't know "Why" it would be an issue.

Karen

Jody,

I work in an office that has a postal meter and take care of that postal machine on a daily basis. You cannot "forge" a postal date it's an imprinted date in red ink. You cannot move a date "back" to meet a particular date either. So don't know "Why" it would be an issue.

Karen
The older postal meters had the date changed by hand. Haven't had one for years so if they're automated now that's good but there could still be the older or cheaper models out there.

Hi Sandee,

Yes, the older models you could change by hand....but new postal regulations made all companies update their machines last year. Now you can't do that anymore.

Karen

It was not mandatory to update to the new machines only strongly encouraged. I managed three different offices and we do currently still have one of the older models that I can set to whatever date I want to. It will not be replaced until it kicks the bucket. We did get the notice that we were "required" to upgrade but upon investigating it we learned they cannot make you only "strongly suggest" so they are still some out there but yes they are few and far between.

Ok heres a guess at it,

Cant you say stamp it on monday but not send it in til the following friday??? Maybe thats the reason no meter mail???? Its your mail, so you wouldnt have to drop it in the box for a few days if chose not to. Couldnt you do that??

Latest posts

Back