AMHA Championship shows East west central

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joylee123

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I looked in the AMHA rule book to see what the qualifing points for the regional championship shows are for a couple of classes. It says the World and Chamionship shows are to be held the same way "except for points"[/SIZE]

I looked through the show section and couldn't find a differentiation in points between Worlds and the Championship shows
default_wacko.png
Could someone explain if there are point differences between the two to qualify? or what that statement meant? Is there a place in the rule book with that information that I overlooked? :DOH!

Thanks
default_saludando.gif

Joy

I could be mistaken, but I don't think you have to qualify for the the Regional Championships.

From what I've been told, (please correct me if I'm wrong) you have to have shown the horse in at least one class sometime that year before Regionals to show in a class there, even if the classes were not the same. Worlds you must have qualifying points for the exact class you plan to show in, every single one of them. Good luck!
default_smile.png

From what I've been told, (please correct me if I'm wrong) you have to have shown the horse in at least one class sometime that year before Regionals to show in a class there, even if the classes were not the same. Worlds you must have qualifying points for the exact class you plan to show in, every single one of them. Good luck!
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]Would you by chance know where it says that in the rule book? I just didn't see anything explaining qualification for the champinship shows :DOH! Oh so confusing
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

I do seem to remember some else mentioned you had to participate in one show to be eligible too, but I'd love to be sure
default_yes.gif

Thank you all so much for your help
default_smile.png

Joy

I'll flip through the book today..I heard it by word of mouth, but I'll check and see if someone actually wrote it down somewhere.

I'll flip through the book today..I heard it by word of mouth, but I'll check and see if someone actually wrote it down somewhere.

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks
default_smile.png
I may have overlooked it, you know how that goes
default_biggrin.png
But I really did read it several times
default_yes.gif
Sometimes I scare myself
default_rolleyes.gif
[/SIZE]

Joy

The horse has to exhibit in a class at a local show in order to be eligible to show at a Regional Championship Show.

Charlotte

p.s. Well, I can't find it in the rule book either! HUNH! I wonder if it's on the web site? I can't access the AMHA site very well because of our ISP problems so can't go look right now. Frank said he thought maybe it's a 'standing rule'?

Last edited by a moderator:
The horse has to exhibit in a class at a local show in order to be eligible to show at a Regional Championship Show.

Charlotte

p.s. Well, I can't find it in the rule book either! HUNH! I wonder if it's on the web site? I can't access the AMHA site very well because of our ISP problems so can't go look right now. Frank said he thought maybe it's a 'standing rule'?

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

AAHA! it not just me
default_biggrin.png
I just couldn't find it
default_biggrin.png
I'll just email the show folks at the registry and see what they say
default_smile.png

Thanks so much, I'll post their answer just for fun.

Joy

I can't find it in the standing rules either.

However, I went to the AMHA wesbite clicked on Show and then clicked on Schedules along the top and found this:

"Championship Show Qualifying REQUIREMENTS

A horse must have attended one local qualifying AMHA approved show and must be exhibited in a minimum of one class to compete at a Championship Show (Exception: Weanlings do not need to attend a local show to exhibit in a Championship Show). "

But a specific place in the rulebook isn't referenced, sorry....

I know I've just seen that statement printed in the championship premium books for several years now.

I can't find it in the standing rules either.

However, I went to the AMHA wesbite clicked on Show and then clicked on Schedules along the top and found this:

"Championship Show Qualifying REQUIREMENTS

A horse must have attended one local qualifying AMHA approved show and must be exhibited in a minimum of one class to compete at a Championship Show (Exception: Weanlings do not need to attend a local show to exhibit in a Championship Show). "

But a specific place in the rulebook isn't referenced, sorry....

I know I've just seen that statement printed in the championship premium books for several years now.
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Thanks
default_biggrin.png

I appreciate it
default_yes.gif

I wrote to AMHA yesterday and Kristy wrote me back today and explained how it works
default_yes.gif

Joy,

This is the Qualification Policy for the 2008 Championship Shows:

2008 CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS

A horse must have attended one local qualifying AMHA approved show and must be exhibited in a minimum of one class to compete at a Championship Show (Exception: Weanlings do not need to attend a local show to exhibit in a Championship Show).

You just need to show your horse in 1 class (not place, just show) and you can enter any class(es) at the Championship Show you want to.

Thank you for checking on this, and good luck showing this year!!!

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have more questions.

Kristy

Kristy Mackey

AMHA Show Department Director

817.783.5600, ext 307

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back