AMHA AOTE question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
Jane and I co-own several Minis. We'd like to show them in AOTE ( both of us are Ammys)- now, even though both of our name is on the papers, if she chooses Horse A and I choose Horse B for AOTE, that means I can't show Horse A and she can't show B for the rest of the year, right? Plus we have to stick to "our" horse in AMHR, too?

Just curious- I've started driving my 3yo mare and want to show her, but it's hard for both of us to go away as we don't have anyone to feed. And she wants to show our yearling mare, but I'd like to take her in a few classes, too, so...
default_wacko.png

Too many horses, so few handlers!
default_wink.png

TIA!!

Lucy

When I had a youth that wanted to show some of our horses, I asked AMHA about that. My daughter shows AOTE, the horses stay here, my daughter does all of the training, grooming and such. The youth is on the papers as an owner so can show youth, my daughter is on the papers so she shows AOTE.

I would think if both of you are amateurs, one wants to show AOTE and the other show amateur, then it shouldn't be a problem. But both couldn't show AOTE because it would be hard to prove each did work with the horse.

Whenever I have a question like that, I always email AMHA's show department, Kristy I believe, and usually even the Ammy comittee, and get it in writing. I print the response out and keep it with me at the shows, just in case. That way there is no "he said, she said."

Only you, or a non professional family member can show the horse. Not even a youth is allowed to show your aote horse unless they are a family member. I show alot of aote, and I ask AMHA a whole lot of questions.

Actually what AMHA told me was as long as the youth's name is listed on the papers as an owner, they can show an AOTE horse. I would call AMHA to make sure but I don't see where two non related amateur owners can't have one show the horse in AOTE and one show in amateur. But again, the best thing to do is call AMHA and ask.

ha ha ha ha
default_biggrin.png
I just called Kristi this morning and asked her the same thing and a lot more. Call her and ask her your question. Ask about the Am classes and the Aote classes. She will explain it very well, but it is not an email answer, it takes about 2.5-3 minutes to explain. it is interesting.

Latest posts

Back