AMHA/AMHR registering baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobey

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced this? The mare ran with 2 different stallions. They were a month apart. Only one stallion report was sent in because of the dates being closer than 45 days. Turns out the mare was bred by the stallion that wasn't on the report. Is there a way to fix this or is this baby unregisterable now?

Send in an adjusted stallion report if you did send one in, if you didn't, then send in a late stallion report with the mare listed on it. DNA both the mare and stallion if they are not already and then DNA the foal to parent qualify it.

I have two mares that were sold to a girl who I"d sold my stud to. The mares were repossessed and I bought them from the lady. My stud came back to me too. This woman had listed these mares on her stud report thru Oct when she had actually taken the mares to this new owner in May. I called the AMHA and they told me that all I have to do, being the stud was in my name is to just send in a redone stud report on these two mares. I don't see how this can be accurate when she'd already listed them thru Oct but she said I didn't have to dna the foal either, it just so happens that all parents are anyway so if this info isn't accurate, it won't be a big deal but this is what I was told. It just seems odd to me that it's allowable to have the mares on two stud reports for those few months. But I'll just do it and see what happens. You can call the registry too and ask them.

When you have a chance of two stallions breeding the same mare then you have to DNA the foal to prove which stallion is the sire. In the case of your mares there was only one stallion involved. In the case of Tobey there are two stallions and you have to prove which one is the sire.

Thanks for your help!! I will call and see what they say about it.

Latest posts

Back