AMHA/AMHR Look up Please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StardustandBreezysMom

Reaction score
Can someone help me look up Diamond D's Fire and Ice AMHR203118A and Diamond D's Silver Destiny 76934A? I have their baby ...a mare by the name of Country Bouquet Brie. What does the A mean in the registration papers. Also, my AMHR papers show that those two horses are from AMHA registered horses so does this mean my mare could be registered with AMHA too?

I don't see either parent registered in the AMHA, and unfortunately, I can't get the AMHR Stud Book to come up right now. Perhaps someone else will have better luck, or I can try again later.

The "A" on the AMHR papers means they are an "A" sized mini -- so 34" or less.

If your papers are showing their pedigree is from AMHA registered stock, it sounds like someone hardshipped them into AMHR, and the AMHA horses were not dual registered with AMHR, so they are giving you the name of the AMHA relative because since the AMHA horse was not in their registry they couldn't expand the pedigree.

Last edited:
This is Diamond Ds Silver Destiny in AMHA. Since she is a 1986 mare, she is probably no longer alive, and since she was not DNA'd, you can not register her daughter into AMHA now.

FISHERS SILVER DESTINY

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT FISHERS SILVER DESTINY A 15537 05/03/1986 M DGR - - 32.750 SIRE FISHERS MASTER MICKEY IT01810 SPA BT - 30.000 DAM DOLLY MAE A 03941 SBK - FO 36.000 BRDR BILL FISHER OWNR DAVID EGLIN

This is her sire in AMHA.

CLAXTONS FIRE AND ICE

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT CLAXTONS FIRE AND ICE A 89030 05/23/1997 S PSR DN - 32.000 SIRE CLAXTONS CHIEF POWATAN A 56099 PBR DN - 30.000 DAM BURNSIDES HIGH COTTON A 44660 PBA - - 30.250 BRDR MARTHA A CLAXTON OWNR BOB L HAYES

Thank you! I am confused. Does this mean that the 2nd owner changed their names to have the "Diamond D" prefix? Were they originally "Claxton's Fire and Ice" and "Fisher's Silver Destiny" and both AMHA registered?

Whoever hardshipped them into AMHR did use a different prefix, thats allowed. But it is the same horses.

Back