American Idol

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Simon fan and he's toned it down a wee bit in X Factor. But, he tells it like it is, no sugarcoating and i almost always agree with him. Paula and Nicole were both fired and i think that should show those that think it's staged that it isn't. It's Simon's show and they voted off people out of spite for him. So new judges this year and i can't wait-Nicole crying every episode was sickening. Watching the Voice-loved the first guy! The girl is terrible

After that performance, if Jacob doesn't win well this show truly is not about talent but a popularity show only. I have not seen someone with such singing talent in quite some time.

I agree Danielle, but I've seen it happen a couple times in the past! It seems the talent is the ONLY deciding factor. On the PLUS side, the runner-up does not get locked into the contract with Idol...they can start recording on their own immediately, so that's a bonus in itself!

Joshua and Jessica did kick butt last night. I think Holly is going home tonight.

I think Holly is going home tonight.
Me too.
default_bye-sad.gif
It will make me sad whichever one goes from here on in, as they are all such wonderful singers in their own way.

I watched last night. I agree with ya'll Sonya and Mona.

Bless Holly, if you are going to sing a Bonnie Raitt song you got to sound bluesy. She did not. And oddly, I listened to Bonnie on youtubemusic all day yesterday and heard that song over and over...it is a song about "an intimate scene" so not at all appropriate for a 16 year old in my not so humble opinion.

I didn't get to watch it yet, I am at work but I gotta know...Holly?

Yes Sonya, Holly is gone. It should have been Phillip in my opinion . Holly should have come in third. Well as I said if Phillip wins I am done with this show as I have a strong opinion that he lacks the talent. I am truly shocked that he is still in the running. At least The Voice goes for musical talent and not how a person looks.

Danielle, if they were going soley on how they looked, our little Holly would still be there. She is a little darling!

I am saying that the reason that Phillip is still there versus the last four that were there is because of the young pubescent girls. He is there based on his looks more so than his singing ability.

I kind of disagree with that. Although he does not have the "range" and overall quality, he definitely CAN sing very well in his own "style". I think it is that uniqueness that is so captivatingto many. Also, let's face it...definitely it has a LOT to do with the size of your fan base. If they can't sing and maybe come from a city of strong support for "the local", that can help them go a LONG way! I have actually liked Phillip a lot for his diferent style of singing right from the very start. I wouldn't want to listen to him all the time, but then I wouldn't want to listen to the type of singing that Joshua and Jessica are doing either, but I think they should come out the top 2. I did not like Elise much at all. I really did to start with, she had a few good moments, and her voice was definitely unique, but she just fell short on many of the songs/notes. That being said, she did have a couple OUTSTANDING performances!! Colton I think left sooner than he should have for sure, and I was surprised that Hejun lasted as long as he did too. I like them all to start, but after seeing them sing week after week, it's easier to see where they fall short on their talent.

I think the show would be better balanced if the judges had more say in things...if they had a good percentage of the deciding votes each week. BUT, because it is AMERICAN IDOL, the people vote on who they want to be their favorite overall idol, not just based on singing ability, but on the "whole picture". I think that is why I liked Holly so much...she was more the "type" of singer that I personally could listen to, but she needed more experience, and also hit many flat notes. She also had her age and appearance backing her, helping to keep her in there that long. I am so happy and proud of them all!

Mona I agree with pretty much everything you said.....you seemed to pretty much put most of my thoughts in words and sum it up. I also think Phillip did a really GOOD job on the second song he sang the other night...even hubby who doesn't watch it and saw his performance said that he did a good job. I think Phillip seems to have the more professional vibe going for him. I was sad to see Holly go...but at this point one of them has to. Guess at this point in time, since Holly is gone and I was rooting for her hoping that she wold get more confident and grow, I'll be on Phillips side. I think Jessica could use a few more years under her to develop because even tho she's good, she has times where is unravels. Joshua....I like him, but I would not listen to his music. Same with Jessica.

I agree too Mona....Phillip does his own thing. Although Joshua and Jessica are definately better singers, I get bored with them though.

I totally understand what you are all saying. I guess I am just watching the wrong show and will stick with The Voice :). I am hoping that Joshua comes in second so that he can sing the songs his voice was meant to sing. I am hoping that Jessica will take first :) as she has a long carreer ahead of her.

American Idol has never been all about talent, that's why some of the best singers, like Jennifer Hudson haven't made it to the top. It's more of a popularity contest, which is why i don't watch it anymore
default_smile.png

American Idol has never been all about talent, that's why some of the best singers, like Jennifer Hudson haven't made it to the top. It's more of a popularity contest, which is why i don't watch it anymore
default_smile.png
Yes, and this is why it is so frustrating to me at times! Sometimes it is so obviously clear who the better singer is, and they get voted out.
default_frusty.gif

Phillip is actually my favorite at this point. I love the unique sound to his voice and I think if he's allowed to make his own music when this is over, he will be successful. However, I don't vote, so I guess I can't complain no matter what happens. Jessica can sing, but there is just something about her that doesn't really do it for me. I think Joshua is very talented and probably should win at this point, but he too is someone I couldn't listen to day after day.

Holly has a great voice and is certainly gorgeous! Just beautiful imo. But the Bonnie Raitt song just wasn't very good for her. Not even a good song choice imo.

Latest posts

Back