American Idol

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
I do not watch much network tv, but I do dvr AI and watch it when I have time...which is odd because I am not much of a music listener. I do think this years talent is very good. I guess I don't really have a favorite this year. I kinda like Holly, although not the best singer, I admire her determination....I kinda have a feeling that Joshua will win though. What do you think? Do any of you watch the Voice? I have seen bits and pieces....which show do you like better?

I am VERY IMPRESSED with the talent on Idol again this season. Last year I thought was the best and this year it got even BETTER! UNREAL! I don;t have any "favorites" really, as who I WANT to win, as I think they are all so very talented that I will be happy for whoever it is, but going solely on singing ability alone, I would have to say Joshua, then Jessica, Phillip Phillips, and lastly Holly. I just LOVE Holly, and think she could go so much further if she had more experience and confidence.

I don't watch The Voice, but a friend of mine is always talking about it, twelling me how great it is, so one night when hubby wasn't here watching something else, I watched about 1/2 of it and didn't care for it much at all. In my opinion, the talent there did not even come close to that of Idol. It did not impress me near enough to make me want to watch it.

I agree, every year the talent does get better and better. I think they all will have a very good chance at record deals. I agree that Holly will probably go home next....she has improved so much and I think she really takes criticism constructively, thats why have a soft spot for her. It has been a very good season so far, I am going to have to check out the voice next season when it starts up, don't want to attempt to watch it in the middle of the season.

I am too busy to watch it on a regular basis but I catch it often enough to catch up. Skylar was my favorite this time. As far as who has the best voice overall I have leaned toward Jessica. Occasionally I watch The Voice. Sometimes I have to flip the channel while the judges are talking (not Blake or Adam).

I watch it and I also watch The Voice, although both have to be DVRd, so sometimes I find out results before I even watch the show!

Well, Skylar was one of my favs, so I was sad to learn she left. Joshua is very talented and probably deserves to win, but my gut tells me Phillip will. Jessica is very good, but for some reason doens't "click" for me. My favorite was Elise...such an amazing instrument her voice is! Having been a music major in college (not vocal) I really have an appreciation for what she can do with her voice. I will buy her records when they come out. Same with Skylar. Probably not Jessica or Joshua or Holly.

As for The Voice, it's very differnt from AI, so hard to compare the two. I think Carsen Daily is a terrible host, but I really like the personalities of the judges when mixed together. Blake is my favorite, then Adam. For contestants, I like the AA guy on Blake's team - the one that was the backup singer of Alishia Keys. I also like the rocker female from Cee Lo's team and also the blonde, Adelle-like one from Adam's team.

I prefer the voice but I am watching American Idol as well. I am hoping that Joshua wins.

Well I'm gonna have start watching the voice next season...I do like me some Blake Shelton
default_smile.png
....gonna have to look up who Adam and the other judges are.

Stopped watching American Idol a few years ago when the talent went downhill. Watched one episode this season and they tried to sing Whitney and was the saddest thing i've watched in a while. So, no AI for me. Tried to watch the Voice, but just couldn't get into it (though i do love Blake Shelton). I'm an X Factor fan. The talent there was anazing and this year they'll have a new host and judges to replace Nicole and Paula, thank goodness. I recommend it. Last year's winner is one of the most talented singers i've heard in a very long time.

Lots of talent this year. My favorites were Colton and Skylar, they both had the whole package. Very upset that they are no longer there, though they should be, I honestly could care less who wins now. I like too the winners to be someone who I enjoy watching every week and want to hear them on the radio. The people left bore me no matter how good they may be.

I really though Skylar was going to win it all, but last week was one of her weakest...I do think out of all of them she will probably have the best success because country music is so popular now and she is pure country. I really liked Alise (sp?) too, I loved her voice, so unique...but I just don't think she had the "fans" that the others had to keep voting for her. I've never watched the Xfactor either, but maybe I should check that one out too.

I've watched American Idol every year, and this year they have an incredible bunch of singers. They are all so very talented. Any of the remaining singers could win. I'm not a big fan of Joshua. I think he is an awesome singer, but every song he sings sounds the same. He makes it into a gospel hymn. While that is not a bad thing, I cannot imagine sitting at a Joshua concert and listening to an hour of that. Too much "sameness" for me. The singer with the most talent, in my opinion, is Jessica (and that is difficult to say because I have a big soft spot for Holly). Jessica can really sing. And she is so young, too. Imagine what she will be like once she matures.

I've watched American Idol every year, and this year they have an incredible bunch of singers. They are all so very talented. Any of the remaining singers could win. I'm not a big fan of Joshua. I think he is an awesome singer, but every song he sings sounds the same. He makes it into a gospel hymn. While that is not a bad thing, I cannot imagine sitting at a Joshua concert and listening to an hour of that. Too much "sameness" for me. The singer with the most talent, in my opinion, is Jessica (and that is difficult to say because I have a big soft spot for Holly). Jessica can really sing. And she is so young, too. Imagine what she will be like once she matures.
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!

I'm on the fence about X-Factor. I watched it last year and it seemed too "staged" to me. From Simon getting rid of the gal that won to him throwing his tantrums. I like the style of The Voice better. On Idol I've liked Holly from the start even tho she seems a bit inconsistent and keeps gravitating about how they say she's "thinking" too much instead of cutting loose and just singing. Don't know what genre she would gravitate towards tho. I kinda like Phillip...if I don't have to watch him sing too much. I like his personality, but some of his facial expressions and his leg-lifting don't win me over.I thought Skylar, even tho IMO was ok...her last performance she was over the top and seemed to be screaming too much. Guess you can say I don't really have a fav this year. If Holly could have gotten it together earlier on, found a genre/niche and been a bit more confident in herself...then I would have said she was the one to beat.

I so agree about watching Phillip sing...I like him but he looks so scarey when he sings....I told my husband he looks 'constipated' lol.

I truly thought it would go down to Joshua and Skylar. I was absolutely shocked
default_thud.gif
to see her voted off. If Phillip wins I vow to never watch the show again because I think he should be the next one voted off. I thought his performance last week was pretty weak, (JMHO)

I truly thought it would go down to Joshua and Skylar. I was absolutely shocked
default_thud.gif
to see her voted off. If Phillip wins I vow to never watch the show again because I think he should be the next one voted off. I thought his performance last week was pretty weak, (JMHO)
I agree 100%! i was so shocked to see her go! I thought it would come down to either her and Joshua or her and Colton. I liked Phil, but he never changes anything up and the past few weeks have been terrible. He really does need to go and he should have gone way before Skylar.

I agree Danielle....last week was not good at all, especially his second song. He is cute though (when he isn't singing...lol). I think alot of young girls vote so that is how he has managed to stay on...I kinda miss Simon, all the judges are too nice....Randy will occasionally criticize but not like Simon did....Steven and Jennifer are afraid to hurt their feelings I think.

Yes, Randy criticizes, but does so tactfully...something Simon didn't know the meaning of. Don;t get me wrong, I really did like Simon, but he could be downright mean, and that was (IMO) totally uncalled for.

I agree that Simon sometimes could be quite ignorant, no people skills or no tact BUT he did however know what he was talking about and was usually correct.

I watch it when I can. I think the talent just keeps getting better and better every year. I also watch the Voice when I remember that it's on. I like it, but it gets a little long for me. Guess I can't sit still long enough.

Latest posts

Back