american idol already?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
oh gosh, I'm in trouble now - American Idol 2 hour special tonight - eeeks is it that time already? I've watched it every year - and hubby hates it - the ones he likes always leave (except Carrie of course). LOL

Any body else get hooked on it? Actually the try-outs are pretty funny ....

wonder how the judges interaction will be without Paula? hmmmmmmm She is gone right? I better watch ..... lol

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh are you kidding? POSH (Victoria) is a guest judge tonight? LOL I guess it'll be someone different every time?

Idol fan here too, I am very sad that Paula is not going to be on this year, as far as I am concerned they could get rid of Cara--Kara sp? I really do not like her.

I was looking forward to seeing Ellen tonight and then they had a guest judge? What's up with that?

I always liked Idol until last year, and I cannot stand Kara! I barely watched at all last season because I just couldn't take her for some reason. IMO, the interaction between Paula and Simon made the show, and I don't have much interest w/o Paula. I really don't think the show will survive next season when Simon is gone too
default_sad.png
It's too bad, it was always a fun show to watch, and turned out some great singers. We shall see, maybe it will make it.

I'm not so disappointed in Paula leaving as much as I am about Simon leaving. He pretty much makes the show. I think now that Paula is gone and with Simon leaving next season, Idol will start to loose ratings. Never did take a liking to Posh, but seeing her last night give her honest and professional opinion I was pleased. Kara needs to go buh-bye....altho she's in the business she's too "David Hasselhoff". Has the same thing to say either way. And her getting amped for the cameras last night on that dude that was frustrated, I think she went a bit over the top. It didn't call for her to get that hot
default_wacko.png
. I'm not 100% on Ellen Degeneres coming in as a judge. I'd much rather see a music oriented professional give honest opinions than a comedienne. And don't get me wrong ...I love Ellen....just don't think she would be right for judging Idol.

I agree with Simon gone, things will certainly change. He does add so much to the show.

Victoria was okay last night but I had forgotten how irritating Cara is - I almost wonder if Paula didn't leave because of her.

As for Ellen - - nothing against her but I agree a judge should be of the musical background in order to judge to ability of a singer. LOL

It should be interesting - not sure I'll be as hooked this year as usual. I heard that Ellen would start when they got to the Hollywood tryout part.

I love Idol but that thing with the voting last year really put a bad taste in my mouth. I think it was unfair and it just makes me feel like it is rigged.

I don't like Cara either, just too pushy like her opion is all that.

Thought the same thing about Ellen (Love her) but she is not a musical artist.

I will watch it but I'm not wasting my time voting, seems like they will have who they want to win Win!

I like seeing the special guests and the shows can be awesome.

The grand finally show has always been a great show.

I agree with what's all been said. I'm not a big Ellen fan and she's ok, but to put her on a show to pick musical talent is like putting ME on there. I mean; rips, singing to loud, singing to high, off key in certain parts, how in the heck is she going to know all that. Is she just on there to make jokes of the contestents. I won't like that, it's bad enough they do it sometimes in the begining. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's downright rude. If I was up there singing my heart out and they poked fun of me my heart would be crushed. But, I'm a sensitive person and "I" know I can't sing so I don't.

It will just IRRITATE the heck out of me her trying to tell them their good/bad when she doesn't know what the heck she's talking about anymore then you and I do. I don't know IF I'll be able to stand and watch it.

I'll see. Simon is a pain but for the most part he does know what he's talking about. He makes the show, him and Paula both did. I liked her. TJ

I agree just no the same with out Paula. Kara, not a fan, and Ellen, great woman, but she has no idea about the music business, what the heck, and I think it will flounder when Simon with leave, maybe they will get some one to replace him thats better?? I dont know probably wont watch next season

Dan

I don't like Kara at all either! I don't think we should count Ellen out until she has a chance to prove herself! She LOVES music and has many different bands on her show all the time. I think she may surprise us! I LOVE her love for animals and she is an awesome and sensitive human being. I can't wait to see her on the show! As far as replacing Simon, I just don't know. Does anybody have any ideas who would be good? Hmmm, how about JON BON JOVI!!! It wouldn't bother me to look at him every week!!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I agree just no the same with out Paula. Kara, not a fan, and Ellen, great woman, but she has no idea about the music business, what the heck, and I think it will flounder when Simon with leave, maybe they will get some one to replace him thats better?? I dont know probably wont watch next season
Dan
Whast if when Simon comes back with is own show called X Factor, and bring Paula with him?

X Factor USA will be coming next year. Simon has already said that. Will you watch his his how instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that this is the last year for Idol. I will watch X Factor for sure as a replacement.

I have to say that Mary was a hoot the other night, losing control like she did. Rude, but when you get the giggles you are history and can't control it.

My guess is that this is the last year for Idol. I will watch X Factor for sure as a replacement.I have to say that Mary was a hoot the other night, losing control like she did. Rude, but when you get the giggles you are history and can't control it.
Well pretty soon Britains Got Talent starts up and Youtube is a persons friend when it comes to seeing some of the acts on that program.

Wonder if there will be another surprise person to come along like Susan Boyle?

I am not really into that kind of music but did buy her CD~!!

I Tivoed it and watched both episodes last night. I'm glad Paula is gone, she is too wishy washy...I actually like Cara. When I saw Posh was going to be the guest, I was disappointed, but I thought she did a good job...Mary Jay was terrible. I'm not sure about Ellen...I agree she has no music backround, but maybe she can be the voice of just your average american...I do think the show will fail when Simon leaves. There seemed to be much less talent so far this year.

Oh ill definatley watch that, and how scandalous if she came with him, defiantly will help out as their spats and arguments and love hate relationship always stole the show (burn Kris Allen) lol

Dan

Ellen is going to be a breath of fresh air on Idol. She does know talent..... if you watch her show you will see she brings new talent on all the time. I think it was a brilliant move on Idols part bringing her in.

How many times have you been able to pick out the top 10? I have.. pretty much every year.

You don't have to be in the music biz to know music.. you just need to listen to it.

Latest posts

Back