Amazing weekend but it started out horrible

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

palominogirl

We left for a show this friday. the show took place about 2 1/2 hours from where we live. everything started out awesome my friend came with me to keep me company and at time to keep me calm (yikes) we were having a good time. then we got onto a state route that was like rush hour traffic. about 45 min on the state route a car behind us started beeping. then they passed us and there was a lady pointing out the window towards the back of our trailer. we stopped immediately on the side of the road and ran for the back of the trailer. the door to the back of the trailer had come off and was dragging on the ground. everyone in the trailer was alright but scared and the semis and trucks going by didnt help much either. so i tried calling my dad to meet us out there to switch trailers. when i called there was no answer. so i called a friend a couple of roads down from us and he didnt answer. i figured my dad might be outside working so i called and old friend that i thought might be able to help and drive over to see if my dad was outside. me and this "friend" are not friends anymore but it was an emergency so i figured she would put aside our differences knowing that the animals lives were at stake. Well i was WRONG. i called there was no answer so i texted saying that we needed help then i called again and i got her dad. well bless her dads heart agreed to go over and check. then i started getting text messages from her and her friend saying that i had alot of nerve to ask for help from them. And how her dad shouldnt have even tried to help us. that is ridiculous if she had an emergency where her animals lives were at stake i would have put aside the differences and helped her but apparently she wouldnt do the same. It shows how different we are from each other. We rigged up the trailer door and made it to the show which was about 20 min away i got to ride in the back of the trailer to watch and make sure the door would stay on which was the scariest moment of my life but we made it to the show we did amazing there we got 3-1st place 3-2nd place and a reserve grand champion. then my dad met us the next day with another trailer to get them home safely in. Crazy weekend

Thanks for reading

Brittanie

Sounds like some weekend..Congrats on your placings and that your horses are alright... Some people just dont have thier brains in the right place when it comes to helping. So glad you made it ok...

I'm glad everything turned out ok! That would be very scary.

And, I have the same thing going on with one of my old friends. I would be there for her horse in a heart beat, not her... lol. I'm not sure if she would return the favor though.

default_wacko.png
Some people...

Glad you made it alright and nothing terrible happened.

I'm sorry your "ex friend" wasn't more understanding. You would think a human being would treat another decently (with rare exception), and do a little something in the interest of an emergency and helping out during that.

Liz

Thanks everyone you cant imagine how relieved i was pulling into the driveway yesterday i was petrified the whole way home thankyou

Britt

Maybe when your ex-friend gets a little older, she'll learn a little compassion, and what is meant by the expression, "sometimes, it's not about YOU."
default_no.gif

I'm so glad this turned out well for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back