Amateur statis questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsenut50

Reaction score
I feel silly asking this but I haven't a clue. I have shown in open shows for many years with my Paints, you go into the class, like 2 and under halter and it doesn't matter who you are pro or novice, you all show against another. Last year I showed at my very first AMHR show and was asked by the judge if I was an Amateur and I replied no since I figured I was a novice. Now I am confused since there is no novice classes but that is what I was thinking I was since this is my first show in a breed show and I'm greener than grass. Can someone explain to me what an amateur is and do I need/or should I have an amateur card to show. If you have an amateur card can you show in amateur classes and non amateur classes? If yes then what good is being called an amateur (since I don't know what it is) and what need is there to have an amateur card? I did place well last year with reserve champion 2 year old and under-over and got Champion solid stallion- over. Does that make a difference for this year? I'm excited to show again but am still clueless. Someone please help!!!!!

Amateurs are adult non-professional exhibitors and have shown for years or are beginners and in Amateur classes you aren't going against the trainers. I like to show in the amateur classes but the exhibitors are very tough. You can also show in the open classes. In AMHR it costs $5 for a card.

Thank you for the clarification. Appreciate the answer and now will send for a card and know what it is.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back