Am I the only one who resents

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Songcatcher

Reaction score
Valliant, OK 74764 near Texas and Arkansas
Lately there have been numerous posts on the Sale Board that are not wanting to sell or buy, they are just turning it in to a forum. That's what this board is for. When I look at the Sale Board, I want to see horses for sale or people looking to buy a horse. Dogs and handbags are bad enough on a "Miniature Horse" sale board. When people want to debate a rule change issue, it should be on here, not the Sale Board.

new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Songcatcher said:
Lately there have been numerous posts on the Sale Board that are not wanting to sell or buy, they are just turning it in to a forum.  That's what this board is for.  When I look at the Sale Board, I want to see horses for sale or people looking to buy a horse.  Dogs and handbags are bad enough on a "Miniature Horse" sale board.  When people want to debate a rule change issue, it should be on here, not the Sale Board. 
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

464932[/snapback]

I am in agreement with you on all the odd postings on the sale board - everything from rule changes to questions - I am trying to sell my mare so my son can get the pony we found for him before we lose her and if folks can't find my mare's ad, what is the use?
new_let_it_all_out.gif
frusty.gif

This board gets great and relatively quick responses to questions, etc., and they are much easier to access in my opinion and great topics can be batted around and debated successfully among the members, in my humble opinion.
wub.gif

Denise

Silversong Farm

I agree, Freeland, but I do know a lot of people that use the Saleboard aren't even aware there is a Forum to discuss 'issues'. Perhaps Mary Lou could put a link to the Forum at the top of the Saleboard with an explanation of what it's for??

I, for one, found the Saleboard first some years back and had no idea there was even a Forum. Of course, now I know and I am dangerous!!
rolleyes.gif

I agree too!
new_shocked.gif
I'm like Becky. I didnt know there was a Forum for quite some time. I am also dangerous now!
rolleyes.gif

I find it quite irritating to go to the SALE BOARD and find all that other stuff. The sale horses are getting lost in it!

Viki

I don't have a problem with it. I think in the past some people could not or did not want to register to use the forum. I don't know if that is the case with the new forum. Perhaps some people just don't know there is a chat board.

It's true there are many that go to the saleboard, but never look at the forum--some don't know the forum is there, others simply aren't interested in forums. A few don't like THIS forum--they've been here & have been scared off, and they don't want to come back.

I don't mind someone posting something on the saleboard if they are looking for support for a rule change--it's probably the best way to get the info out to a lot of people is a very short time.

I don't think it's appropriate for people to post responses on the saleboard (Don't know if that's the case with the last couple things--I must go have a look, since I haven't been there at all in a couple of weeks
biggrin.gif
) If someone has something to say to that person, for or against their idea, they should contact the person directly.

Just this morning, i posted an "ad" on there and debated putting it here, or there, but I thought it would help me more by posting it on the sales board. I'm trying to get ahold of the shipper who's bringing DunIT, Sunny and maybe an additional buddy home to me next month and figured more people who might know how to get the shipper / the status of why they haven't been answering me would see the post on the sales board.

HOWEVER, yeah, it has bothered me about the rule change posts. Not to mention, I think it's kind of ridiculous to dictate how others groom their horses... I hope my post didn't fall into the annoying category.

I too have always just assumed it was from people who didn't realize there was a Forum. Sometimes I've contacted the poster and let them know about the Chat Forum, but have never heard back.

MA

I do that too, MA ... I even include a link to the Forum and explain how helpful most members are.
yes.gif
People don't answer me either.
unsure.gif

Nan

Since "sales ads" are pulled from the forum, it seems that the opposite should apply on the sale board.

Since "sales ads" are pulled from the forum, it seems that the opposite should apply on the sale board.

I ditto what Tony said, however, if someone is desperately trying to get help maybe an email and an invite to the forum would be an idea.
smile.gif
I know our moderators don't have enough to do already right????
smile.gif

Ok I see my opinion is not going to be the popular one.

If it was strictly a sales board than there would be no other heading except for "for sale" but there is congratulations, announcement, lease, stud and even an "other" (may be more can not remember).

How is a purse or a dog more relevant than a miniature horse issue? Quite frankly there are many, many people that have had it with the forum and the others that simply choose not to visit. The sales board gave them another opportunity to reach those, or in reality more, people than the forum itself.

Guess if my life has gotten so busy I can not scroll past an announcement that does not interest me I likely shouldn't be on the computer anyways.
rolleyes.gif

The AMHR rule generated 73 views, now did all result in emails, I doubt it but apparently it made some people stop and think. Of course the sheer number of times this particular "ad" came up was excessive (5 times I think). I found it rather irritating as well but no more so than the same horse ad that keeps getting re-run and re-run. I haven't gotten to that point in life when I have to begrudge people the second it takes to scroll past their ad.

In closing I see no rule against it.

PERSONAL ADS ONLY & MINIATURE HORSE RELATED ADS ONLY - Please remember this is a "Miniature Horse & Tack Sale Board". L'il Beginnings Miniature Horses reserves the right to remove any ads that we feel are inappropriate and is to be used for personal ads only.

Last edited by a moderator:
In closing I see no rule against it. PERSONAL ADS ONLY & MINIATURE HORSE RELATED ADS ONLY
And since comments are neither of these they should IMO not be allowed on the sales board and selling a purse or a dog comes under Personal ads They are allowed on the sales board under that heading... Oh well...

Actually it would fall under the category of Announcement or Wanted (as in wanted input.)

And as I do not consider a purse miniature horse related, personal or not, I don't see how that would but yes I guess....oh well.

For the record I did place an ad....to sell a horse that yep, was pushed back by an ad or two for AMHR rule "announcement" and I really don’t care if people try to sell purses either.

I pretty muchly see it the same way. Who are we to say that their post isn't just as important to them as what any one else puts on there? How much time does it take to scroll on past something that isn't of interest to ourselves? There are repeat posts on there all the time. Do I like it? Not necessarily so, but if there is anything put on there that isn't appropriate, we know the owner of the site will take care of it. Shouldn't we trust their judgement and let them deal with it? The forum or saleboard does not belong to people to complain about, they are only there for us to use and should be done so with respect to every other individual. JMO Mary

minicount said:
Ok I see my opinion is not going to be the popular one.
If it was strictly a sales board than there would be no other heading except for "for sale" but there is congratulations, announcement, lease, stud and even an "other" (may be more can not remember).

How is a purse or a dog more relevant than a miniature horse issue?  Quite frankly there are many, many people that have had it with the forum and the others that simply choose not to visit.  The sales board gave them another opportunity to reach those, or in reality more, people than the forum itself.

Guess if my life has gotten so busy I can not scroll past an announcement that does not interest me I likely shouldn't be on the computer anyways.
rolleyes.gif

The AMHR rule generated 73 views, now did all result in emails, I doubt it but apparently it made some people stop and think.  Of course the sheer number of times this particular "ad" came up was excessive (5 times I think).  I found it rather irritating as well but no more so than the same horse ad that keeps getting re-run and re-run.  I haven't gotten to that point in life when I have to begrudge people the second it takes to scroll past their ad.

In closing I see no rule against it. 

PERSONAL ADS ONLY & MINIATURE HORSE RELATED ADS ONLY - Please remember this is a "Miniature Horse & Tack Sale Board". L'il Beginnings Miniature Horses reserves the right to remove any ads that we feel are inappropriate and is to be used for personal ads only.

465096[/snapback]

[SIZE=21pt]Personally --- its Mary Lou's saleboard and her forum -- if it is ok for her.. its fine by me!! I figure if she allows it... who am I to object???[/SIZE]

Hey, Mary Lou, I for one am thrilled to have the Saleboard!

I do think it would be beneficial to have a link to the Forum and a brief explanation that people can post their topics for discussion, etc. there. Many people that visit the Saleboard aren't even aware there is a Forum!

Freeland, I don't like that either because it pushes off the first page the ads that I want to look at. If I had an ad up I would be unhappy that my ad was pushed to the next page because someone was using the Sale Board as a forum.

Can those monitoring the Sale Board take those posts off and email the person to tell them to repost on the Forum? Their subjects are interesting and I'm sure would get lots of response here.

Charlotte

p.s. Ahhh, I see. My question was already answered. I didn't realize there was no link to the Forum on the Sale Page. Maybe that will help.

Mary Lou - LB said:
Keep me out of it.. LOL!! I try to enforce the rules but no one will listen/read.. I have more important things to do then to "watch" the sale board for offenders..
465286[/snapback]

Mary Lou........thanks! She is right. Nobody will read or listen. The minute you remove something that should not be there you then get a letter of complaint which then has to be answered.
wacko.gif
I understand that everyone would like their ad to remain on the front page as long as possible, but oh well. Like others have said, we should be thrilled just to have a successful Sale Board.

Edited to say that I too believe that people do not want to take the time to join the Forum and post and many do not even know a Forum exists. So may-be the link will help.

Mary Lou - LB said:
Keep me out of it.. LOL!! I try to enforce the rules but no one will listen/read.. I have more important things to do then to "watch" the sale board for offenders.. We have 3 other monitors that "watch" on their spare time and I can't expect them to be there 24/7 also.. Every once in a while I "crack-down" but then I get (not to nice) responses as to "why are their post removed and others are not?" I just can't win... 
wacko.gif

All I can say it is a FREE and successful sale board... be happy we got it..

A link to the Forum sounds like a great idea.. thank you

465286[/snapback]

Mary Lou, I understand it could be a real pain to try to remove all the ads that don't comply with the rules. That's why I posted my opinion here rather than emailing a complaint to you. My frustration is in no way with you. My frustration is with people who will not try to go by the rules and don't even want to learn. Some people's attitude of "I'm going to do it my way regardless of what anyone else thinks" makes me . . . . . . . . frustrated.

I love the Sale Board and am very thankful for it. I just wish some people wouldn't abuse it.

It's not the occasional uninformed person who posts that bothers me so much, but one day I think there were at least five posts regarding the AMHR rule change and one person who essentially replied "Oh my gosh, does this apply to AMHA also? (don't remember the exact wording and not interested in taking the time to go back through them to find it.

I appreciate this Forum too. Thanks again to all who make it possible.

Latest posts

Back