Am I reading this right?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
Both of my foals came back the same. Both are nO. If I read this right, they are not LWO + but are carriers and could pass it to their foals?

nO Both normal and overo alleles detected. Horse tested heterozygous for LWO and can be considered an overo carrier.

[SIZE=14pt]Yes they are carriers. An OO would be the actual Lethal White foal.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Lethal White Positive and Lethal White Carrier mean exactly the same thing - that the horse has one copy of the Frame Overo gene. As Lyn said, an OO horse would be dead.

As has been said, your foals are LWO positive. So to anyone breeding frame overos, that's exactly what you want!
smile.gif

Thanks for the replies. After re-reading the test results....DUH! It says planely that an "nn" foal would be negative for the overo gene. So both of these foals are LWO+......YIPPEE!!!!

Thanks! I'm happy. Now my little Spitfire gets to keep his "marbles". At least he will if he shows well! And if Unique doesn't sell.....oh well!

Wow! Good job.

Are these Tommy's babies?

B

Latest posts

Back