Am I Forgetting Anything...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
Ok we leave tomorrow for our first AMHA show. Here is what I have. The harness is in it's bag in the trailer, the cart is in the trailer but moving to the back of the truck tomorrow, grooming supplies such as shampoo and conditioner, show sheen, brushes, blankets, tail bag, trailer boots, first aid kit, clippers, sun shade for in front of the stall, sand blocks to smooth feet, hoof black, music for Liberty, hoof trimming supplies just in case, harness cleaning and conditioning stuff, hay, grain, feed buckets, feed tubs, halters and lead ropes. What have I forgotten?

Water from your farm, unless you feel the water there is about the same as yours. Good luck and have fun.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good list of things!

Don't forget the coggins and registration papers.

Baby wipes are a must have, too
default_yes.gif

When possible, I like to bring the water from home (got some 7-gallon plastic cans for water at Walmart for only couple dollars). My show horses all love gator ade and I pour some that into the water when I give it to them at shows which makes them want to drink plenty and I know the home water agrees with them.

Have fun and good luck!!!

PS and don't forget your camera

Don't forget show clothes!!!

Have fun!

Barbie

Looks like a good list !! And you are way ahead of me
default_yes.gif
.....I've got most of the stuff together in the barn, but it's not in the trailer yet....

Just got through washing the horses.

Oh....Hand Sanitizer!!!!!

And Chairs. And a table.

Sue
default_smile.png

Doesn't look like it from what other's suggested. But I'm sure you'll remember when you get there! Oh, black electrical tape is a great way to fix loose peices on your harness if you're in a bind.

Tire pump and extra tire tubes for your cart! I've given people lots of inner tubes when their tire pops!

I always bring a SPARE halter. Don't forget fly spray, driving whip, a manure fork/container, rags, and make sure your liberty CD has music on it!!! Bring extra copies of the class list with your classes all marked - color coded if needed. Read through the rules (take a rule book too) and make sure you aren't forgetting any needed paper work. The rest of the things you can always borrow!

I save my horse show list on the computer and then store most of my horse show supplies (including 2 saddles!) in my trailer dressing room so I am way ahead of the game.

Good luck!

If outdoors fly spray.

I like baby oil for eyes and nose to shine.

baby powder to clean up stains.

hay bags for their food.

special treats

show clothes...

Hope this helps...Oh and Good Luck.....
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am doing laundry so all of the clothes will be clean. I need to get a bag to cover the show cloths. Oh, I also have extra harness parts in the trailer. Thanks everyone.

A hose (they don't always have them at the wash racks), fans and bungee cords for the stalls, and an extension cord. You might even consider burning an extra copy of your music since those discs are easy to lose in all the commotion. Also post-it cards with contact information for when you're not at your stalls and lawn chairs because if you actually get a chance you're going to want to sit down and take a breather. That's all I could come up with. Good luck at the show!

Ibuprofin or aspirin, or whatever you take for headaches.

Oh Oh Oh - don't forget

YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR AND GOOD MANNERS
default_rolleyes.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paperwork, show clothes, hand sanitizer, water, chairs, camera, everything else people said and i agree with Sounthern_heart, don't forget the horse. : P

Latest posts

Back