am i doing the right thing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
My dog (homer) just died a few days ago of blood poisoning, my family is taking it really hard, i did to at first, because i was afraid of dogs(another one of my dogs attacked me) i pushed home away and now i feel so bad
default_no.gif
everyone i have talked to is saying get another dog it will help, my mother wont even blink at the idea, i think im over my fear of dogs, and i want another dog to love and try to get over homer, i know another dog can never replace homer but i cant live in the past right??? am i wrong for thinking this way????

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if I'd get another dog if you are afraid of them, though. Wouldn't be fair to the dog if you weren't able to get over your fear.

I would in no way be in a hurry to get another dog. Wait until you are POSITIVE you are no longer afraid of any dog.
default_wub.png

When and if you are sure you won't push another dog away from you then think about it. But maybe for awhile go to a shelter and ask to volunteer to say walk their dogs or handle them in some way. That way you can be sure "YOU" really do want one and are not being pushed into it.

And you will be helping a lot of needy dogs and cats.

Hugs

Bonnie

Bonnie knows what she is talking about, IMO........Don't rush. Volunteering at a shelter as a dog walker is a wonderful idea. I wouldn't be surprised if just the right dog ends up finding YOU.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back