Am extremely upset with the Vet I have been using

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much everyone for your support. It means a lot.

We have an appointment with the my large animal vet who also does small pets tomorrow at 3:30....soonest they could fit us in. Have to drive into the Scappoose area, which is a bit of a drive but worth it if these Vets turn out to be good ones.

Will let you all know what goes on.

Shari I wish this wasn't the reason you are coming into the Scappoose area. Maybe next time you can come for a visit.

If you are going to the vets I think you are going to you should receive very thoughtful care for your little Heidi. That is where I took little Rodney. They were also prepared to assist me with Shortpig. They were kind enough to help me after the end came for Shorty. My best to you and hoping all goes well.

Thank you so much for everyones support. It is nice to know I am not alone in feeling this way.

We went to our large animal Vet at 3:30 today.. let her see Heidi, told her all her history...and she agreed it was Heidi's time. Heidi was calm.. like she knew it was her time.

New Vet took her out of the room for the shot but brought her back in, so we could be with her. Itched her,, talked to her...until she fell asleep. The Vet stayed with us, she was sooo kind and understanding. That helped a lot.

(She also knew who I was talking about with out me saying the name.) It was a peaceful passing and the right thing to do.. no matter how hard it was for us. Let my son make the choice.. to bring her home or let them...

We brough her home, made a comfy box for her to be in. And DS burried her.

I managed to hold it together for a bit..but can't seem to stop crying. It never is easy letting an animal go.

DS is doing about the same I am... he had Heidi since he was a wee nipper and has always had her in his life.. He doesn't remember a time when she wasn't there. Will be a hard adjustment.

Our two other cats.. no longer really kittens, help. They can never replace Heidi...but they in time will soften it a bit. Have to stay busy...so I was folding towels.. and of course they had to help...and let me know I wasn't folding them right. Being right in the middle of everything. Just had to hug them.

Here is Heidi...just before her down turn a couple of years ago. She will always be a beloved family member forever in our hearts.

aanewhousefireplacecat1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=18pt]((((HUGS)))) [/SIZE] for all of you.

Oh......you all gave Heidi the ultimate act of love........ I'm so glad it went so gently for her and for you.

I don't doubt for moment that your other cats were doing what they could to give you comfort........

I'm so sorry, Shari......I will keep you and your son in my good thoughts and prayers. Heidi was such a beautiful little girl.

Shari - I am so sorry for your loss of Heidi. She sounds like she was a special soul who was very, very well loved. May time heal your broken heart...

Liz R.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Heidi. You have my deepest sympathy.

Sniff.... Thank you all for your kind words, it does help a lot at a time like this. Today,, we will go out and get a head stone for her. Something to help honor a beloved family member.

We planted memorial trees for DH parents... and feel the need to do the same for Heidi. Maybe a pretty flowering tree of some sort.

My deepest condolences. The loss of our very loved pets is so painful to bear but you have shown her the greatest love and respect by not letting her suffering continue.

Latest posts

Back