Alone in the small equine world!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CartDriver15

Reaction score
Hello!
This is the very first time I have ever joined a chat room! I have a wonderful 10.3 hand bay mare that I have been driving for 8 years, but I am always alone - thought it might be fun to meet other drivers! We do not show - just "trail drive." My husband has two haflingers he primarily works (plows, mows, etc.), and he has one riding horse, and I just bought a 2 year old Shetland stallion (that is getting gelded Monday) to train to drive. I am located in northeast Georgia if anyone is interested in meeting up to drive. At our place, we have a 300'x150' arena that we are working on grassing over, and we have about 1 mile of trails. I'm planning on checking out AH Stephens State Park in the near future. I've ordered boots for Judy (my mare) and want to also check out Currahee (the roads), and my big goal is to drive at Biltmore Estate! I am a member of the ADS and have a huge list from them of possible places to drive in the southeast! We are not fancy - strictly do this for fun. :)

Hello! Welcome to the Forum! :)

I am new here too, but it has been an amazing place and there are so many knowledgeable and supportive people here! I have had a miniature horse for about three months now. So I am still learning quite a bit! How big is your Shetland? Do you have any photos of him? :) We'd love to see!

Hi,
All of my photos of him are on my phone; I have yet to download them onto my computer. He is 40" tall and just turned two, so maybe he will grow a little (I hope so!). I bought him from a person in Idaho, who trailered him to the nationals (minis) in Oklahoma, and then brought him to Kentucky to her second home, and then we went to KY to get him. I can't wait to get started on his training, but I'm going to just wait until his hormones are gone! LOL!
Oh! I see you are from Central New York! I am originally from Gloversville, NY!!! That's up about an hour north of Albany. I love New York!

Oh wow, Gloversville is only about two hours from here! Not far at all ☺

I can't wait to see him! I don't blame you on waiting until those hormones are gone LOL

Welcome! It's a nice group, I too joined because I never had a mini before and had never driven. Everyone has been very helpful with my beginner driving questions. :)

Hah! Like the cat ears - reminds me of my daughter! I love the Christmas outfit, too! My husband gave me "jingle bells" to me for Christmas last year. I never got around to putting them on the harness but hope to this season! :)

I'm just learning how to do this chat room. I guess that last post I should have replied directly to you? This is what I wrote:

1 minute ago
Hah! Like the cat ears - reminds me of my daughter! I love the Christmas outfit, too! My husband gave me "jingle bells" to me for Christmas last year. I never got around to putting them on the harness but hope to this season! :)

Oh wow, Gloversville is only about two hours from here! Not far at all ☺

I can't wait to see him! I don't blame you on waiting until those hormones are gone LOL
I really had a great childhood growing up in Gloversville - it was the BEST city! You could ride your bike or walk anywhere! Within a 20 minute walk, you could be downtown; within a 10 minute walk, you could be heading into the mountains. Then when we moved out-of-state into a subdivision; the autonomy was lost. Also, we had all elderly neighbors on our street, and they were just wonderful people.

Welcome!

You snd your mini must have a lot of miles on and experiences to share!

Hope you get your bells on this year! ;) They have a special sound!

Jingle bells are so distinctive for driving. But I have put my sleigh bells on my horse in the nursing home. The dementia folks are especially attentive to the sound. So, enjoy bells any time.

Latest posts

Back