Almost An Owner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewelsOK

Reaction score
Hi all! I posted the other day about being in the thinking research stage of getting a mini. As it stands today I have told the owner of the mini that we are very close to committing to buy the precious little yearling gelding. I think he already figured it out as he hasn't been telling callers about him. His price is firm, which is okay, I just wanted to be sure. I have the money to buy the material for the stall and hope to get that done today or tomorrow. I'm selling my gorgeous Billy Cook saddle and a few other things on ebay so that should put me pretty close to paying for the mini in full plus a few supplies. I am so excited - and a little bit nervous - big commitment.

Everyone at the barn where we board is so excited, too. I think he will be the barn favorite as all the other horse are "biggies"

We have to come up with a name for our little guy. His reg. name is Crosswinds Irish Image. His dad went by "Irish" and his grand father was the famous horse that went by "Hawk". We're thinking maybe and Irish name or something Patriotic because last years 4th of July fireworks set off his mom's labor. They call him "Image" since he looks like his dad. Image is mostly sorrel with just enough white to also qualify as a Pinto.

I'm sooooo excited!!!!!

Julie

Congratulations!! I'm betting that you are going to LOVE being a mini horse owner! I started with one miniature many years ago, but I won't tell you how many I have now, don't want to scare you, lol!
default_biggrin.png
Have fun with him!!

Sounds like you are getting closer and closer to the big day! Congratulations and yes, they are addicting!!!
default_yes.gif

Liz R.

Congratulations! Good luck with your new mini...don't forget to post a pic when you get him.!

I'm a new mini owner, we just got our first mini (a 3 year old gelding) almost a month ago now. I just love him to bits it's been so much fun learning about him. He is currently being taught to drive at a wonderful trainers and we are going to work on putting him in some showmanship and maybe halter classes to. I know the excitement you must be feeling right now! But a warning I'm already half starting to look a little bit for a friend for him (it's looking more and more like he will have to go to a big horse boarding barn and don't really fancy having him out with the big guys). Believe them when they say that are like potato chips...you can't have just one.

Keep us posted.

P.S. The looking thru catalogues and all the stuff to buy them is alot of fun too! A little too addicting if you ask me!
default_biggrin.png

You will love having a mini! I see that you are in OK and there are lots of shows and mini owners here, too!
default_biggrin.png

Be sure to post pictures when you get him!
default_smile.png

Well, welcome to the Oklahoma 'mini world'!

I don't know your horse in particular, but I know his breeder and his sire. His sire is in driving training this year I believe and has produced a lot of nice show horses.

Please keep us updated on this exciting event.

Charlotte

p.s. Frank's beautiful Billy Cook went down the road too when we got the 'short horses'
default_biggrin.png

That is just great!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
You'll love every aspect of him. Hope you can get him in the show ring and experience even more fun!!!!
default_wub.png

You'll have to post pics! And wow, you're committed! Selling your billy cook saddle????
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back