all you corgi people

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i'll start...

simon, so proud of himself when he mastered his new pet steps.
default_aktion033.gif

dogsteps-1.jpg

maggie, "can't a girl get a nap in peace around here?"
default_new_shocked.gif

magfeet.jpg

gary always claimed he didn't know HOW a corgi got in his lap! another of my favorite pics of my sweetie with simon...

SimonGary.jpg

hey ball, where ya goin' with that dog??
default_new_shocked.gif

simonbb.jpg

taken right before i had my old quarter horse mare put down. she was 37. i sure miss that ole girl!

SIMONCHIPSsmall.jpg

momma's lil champ...

Simonribbon.jpg

momma's lil cowgirl...

Maggieinthesaddle.jpg

Ohhh goody!! LOL
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I can shamelessly brag some more!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

My Moxie playing with her jumbo sheep...she earned 2 legs toward her Canadian Rally Novice title this week!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Even got high in class one day!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

20080622_0005-1.jpg

Her look a like daughter Delilah

20080629_0022.jpg

Jane & Lainey

20080629_0031.jpg

Jane & Moxie

20080627_0018.jpg

Delilah's win picture from a couple of weekends ago

Delilah2.jpg

Jane's win picture from a couple of weekends ago (shown by a good friend of mine)

Jane2.jpg

And my most favourite picture of all

moxgirls.jpg

The Girls!!

Jane & Lily (sfmini's girl) in back

Lainey, Delilah and Momma Moxie in front

You can see MANY more pictures of them here

Esrohollow

I love my cardis!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

sorry if those end up big....they don't show up big on my computer.....

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW kathryn, you guys are really goin' to town!! congrats!!!

wonderful pics of your gang and i have to ask...is that last one (the group shot) a professional photo? it's just GREAT and wallpaper-worthy, for sure!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks Charlene! We got our butts whupped yesterday though
default_sad.png
Can't win them all....and NONE of the girls were showing very well...Moxie included. When the judge went to get expression from Moxie on the coming back, Moxie stepped in 'something' put her foot in the air and looked down at what it was, instead of looking at the judge. DOH!! :DOH! Delilah & Jane were being puppies....Delilah was being handled by a friend and spent 90% of her time looking behind to find me (I had suggested before we went in the ring that we switch the dogs we were handling, but my friend didn't think it was necessary). Jane wasn't being naughty...she was having fun in the ring, and the judge didn't appreciate the fact that they are STILL PUPPIES!!! Instead of giving expression when the judge tried to get it, Jane put her ears back, started wiggling and tried to jump up and say hi...
default_whistling.gif
Some judges just don't like them to act like puppies once they are in the ring!
default_rolleyes.gif
Oh well...what can you do! LOL The dog the pups lost to was decent, was a month older, looked WAY more mature, so it didn't surprise me. We'll be back to get our butts kicked on Mon & Tues....against the same dog....
default_wacko.png

As for the last pic on the previous post, yes, it was done by a professional. Paul's Photography in Michigan. It was quite the challenge to get that shot!!
default_yes.gif
default_laugh.png
I have it as wallpaper on my computer....I can't get enough of the picture!!!!
default_biggrin.png

The pics of the girls just hanging out were taken with my new camera!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I was playing around with it trying different things! I looovvveee it!!!!
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Here's my Chia pup. After having a corgi I would never be without one ever again. She own's the place and DH and I love it!!!
default_wub.png
One thing she does is when we feed the horses she has to go with us. Chia goes from bucket to bucket taking a carrot or apple piece from each one. Not too sure I know why she does that but it's every time we feed.

chiahunting.jpg

chiawithtongueout.jpg

chiasfavoritepose.jpg

Need to clip her nails but it's a royal battle when we do. Hopefully DH is up to it tonight. Chia is such a character! When she wants your attention she will lay down in front of you and if you don't scratch her she starts talking to you. Corgi's have quite a vocal range!! Can you tell we love her!!

kathryn, sounds to me like that judge needs to lighten up!

gini, your girl is adorable! there's just nothin' like a corgi to brighten your day. two's even better. or in kathryn's case, SEVERAL!

as for nail trimming, have you heard of the "peticure"?

http://peticure.com/

i ordered one of these several months ago and i really love it. both of my dogs were used to nail trimmings as well as the dremel the groomer used to smooth the rough edges. i saw this advertised and decided to give it a try. it's wonderful to keep nails in shape in between trips to the groomer.
default_smile.png

Thank you Charlene I've been looking for the commercial so I could order a pair. Talked to Jess tonight and he was also trying to find the ad.

One question for you is how you got your cutie to sit in the saddle??

Katheryn your kids are beautiful!! I love that picture of them all together.

Aren't these dogs wonderful!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

CORGIS ROCK!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Everybody's corgis are soo cute! I love them all. With the help of my 11 year old I finally figured out how to load a picture but we forgot to crop it so it would have taken up the whole page.
default_wacko.png
I'm going to try and repost tomorrow, too late tonight.

I can't wait to check out the peticure. I've never heard of that but it sounds like something I need.
default_thumbup.gif

Thank you Charlene I've been looking for the commercial so I could order a pair. Talked to Jess tonight and he was also trying to find the ad.

One question for you is how you got your cutie to sit in the saddle??

Katheryn your kids are beautiful!! I love that picture of them all together.

Aren't these dogs wonderful!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
gini, when you (or anybody else with anything other than a toy breed) order the peticure, get the "elite" model. the smaller one is too small for anything other than tiny doggles. that website i included has a demonstration video. it goes without saying, you have to get your dog used to the noise so "gradual" introduction to it is a must. once your dog is used to it, it takes a lot less time for trims and really does a nice job. both of my dogs just roll over on their back and let me file their nails.

i plopped maggie in the saddle and put her in a "stay". she's such a diva, any time she's getting attention, she's more than happy to do whatever i want her to.
default_biggrin.png

gimp, your little henry is adorable!

sampleMM...***taps foot*** where's that picture you promised??

Here they are!
pic-jg-chugs.jpg

pic-piper-sydney.jpg

P1010036-2.jpg

I hope this works.
default_new_shocked.gif
I have lots of real neat pics of all my corgis but my husband backed up our computer and now I can't find them, bummer. No wonder I call myself "computer free".
default_wacko.png

I can't believe the pictures posted.
default_biggrin.png
The one is a male and the other two are females. The big one at the bottom is Libby and she is geriatric. Did you notice her red paws? That's because she licks herself incessantly like a cat.
default_new_shocked.gif

yep, they posted and so will the other ones you're gonna go find.
default_biggrin.png

how long has libby licked her paws like that? my female siberian husky did that, it started out as a bug bite, or some sort of irritation and the more she licked, the worse it got. i often had to take her to the vet for a cortisone injection. he said it would stop the itch long enough to "break the cycle" of the incessant itching.

have you ever tired anything like bitter apple spray? wonder if she's irritated by something or just has a little case of OCD.

ok you asked for it~ I love CORGI's

This is Annie

annie.jpg

This is Sparky

sparky2.jpg

Aqua

aqua1.jpg

Daisy Duke

P1010273.jpg

Beytoven

P1010576.jpg

and last is princess...she is owned by my friend I have permission to use the photo....

sleepingdog.jpg

Charlene,

I think Libby has OCD. She has down this weird licking thing for years. She licks her paws like she's grooming herself. Just to be sure I'll check with the vet.
default_yes.gif
We go often as she has a bad ticker and thyroid disease.

The vet can retire early thanks to Libby!
default_wink.png

Look at all those corgis!!! LOL

gimp, Henry is such a cutie!!! Last night I had Lainey doing exactly what he's doing with the lead...only she had a hold of one of my mini donk's leads, and the donkey wouldn't let me catch her.....So Lainey would run up grab the leash and hold on as long as she could (or until one of her sister's got her distracted)!
default_rolleyes.gif

SampleMM, Piper looks like a doll!!!!

SweetOpal, I love, love, love Annie's face (and white markings)!!!!!

default_wub.png

~kathryn

Thanks, Kathryn. Henry is happiest when he has a job to do. He has become my right hand, well, a somewhat disjointed right hand. Right now we are dabbling in agility; he is a rescue, and while he is purebred I suspect he is puppy mill lines.
default_no.gif
We have a few behavior things to work out, but he is my Best of Breed.
default_yes.gif
(I have to admit, however, that I am really getting a bad case of Cardi bug. :DOH! So you keep on posting the pics of your fur kids so I can just live vicariously thru you, OK?)

Latest posts

Back