All Natural Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an all natural type of laundry soap and where you purchase it from? I'd love to find some that I don't have to order online. Same for Shampoo too. Thanks.
default_smile.png

I use all natural "everything" around here. I buy most products out of the natural department in Fred Meyers, or at health stores. BioKleen makes a good laundry soap and if you google it you'll find others. I also add a dash of white vinegar to the wash and it has other uses for around the home as well as on your body, as does Grapefruit Seed Extract. For shampoo and conditioner I rotate between brands like Jason's, Nature's Gate, etc. ShiKai is my favorite body soap, but there are others like Dr. Bronner's. Burt's Bees is another popular line including soaps, hair products, etc. You can even buy natural deodorant, toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, household cleaners and deodorizers, bug repellants, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to note when shopping for "all natural".....be sure to read the ingredients! Some things marketed as all natural, can be false once you read the ingredients. I've tried a couple different product lines for shampoos, Burts Bees......and I forget the other one. The nice thing about Burts Bees is that they honestly list if something isn't 100% pure on their website. I didn't care for the shampoos though, they stripped my hair. We have terribly hard water at our new house, so I've really had to search around for something that works for me, without drying out my skin and hair.

The only thing that I found that works well with our hard water, is soaps from this company. Prairie Meadow Soap. I've tried a couple different places that make hand made soaps, and I keep coming back to this place. I use their Sensitive Skin Soap for showering, and their Jojoba Dandruff Shampoo Bar. The shampoo bar is FABULOUS!!!! Love it!!! I ordered the shampoo bar and sensitive skin soap from another small company, and it made me itch terrible, so I stick to this one. I have used a goats milk soap that I really liked, but darned if I can't find the link to their website anymore! Wish I could, I remember I really liked the goats milk bars.

Latest posts

Back