All Florida Miniature Horse sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How sad.
default_sad.png

Hey Frank, I think I know you or met you a couple of times. Did you or do you have GSD's?

Joyce

Buckaroo son went for $200. Really. I hope it was a mistake with reserves, but I honestly don't know. Pretty stallion with Nothing wrong with him. His new owners got one Heck of a deal.

I don't know what happened on the buckaroo horse. I was concerned/intrigued with the low price, and was tempted to bid, but we just bought Topper, I don't Need two stallions- And it's a buckaroo Son, I figured easy high selling horse of the sale.

From what I understand they had no reserve, and weren't there to say no, so I guess he sold??? Anyone else know the real story?

I only followed a couple- of Course the mares I was looking at weren't priced for what they were, but not nearly the steal that Buckaroo son was-

I think the high seller was in the $2000 range? Someone correct me- I wasn't there, I had a friend at the sale to maybe buy for me- however the one I was really interested in had another bidder I Knew (and am friendly with, didn't realize they were interested as well) would outclass my wallet, so I quite early on. (The Sir Snippet daughter- went in the $1450 range- Really pretty mare, bred to a Medallion son! Cheap cheap cheap!)

Um from memory- the Ricther's Apache daughter- N/S at $1500- I liked her, however my mum was concerned with her age- sigh

The paint Dent mare- Bred, due soon, pretty head, nice mover- $850- Not a dent fan normally but she would have been a nice cross with my stallion- I wanted to hold

out for the Sir Snippet daughter so I waited- should have bought her-

The 3 in one Queen Aka(blah blah) can't remember- older mare (19), nice colt on her side, bred back to the same stallion-Pretty pretty girl.

Went in the $950 range I believe.

I'm glad I wasn't there, I would have come home with a passel of horses I don't need.

I do know that the bay paint Boogerman son sold for $375. My friend said he was a little thick necked, but pretty headed Paint Boogerman Son!
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh...................!

Where did the Buckaroo son come from, go to? Interesting to say the least.

B

Streaker, I own Ashley who is Sweeper and slates litter sister. She will be 15 in less than a month!

Glad to see you're still into the dogs.
default_smile.png

I can't believe the prices of the minis! How sad. I hear there are a bunch of them at the New Holland auction in PA. Just horrifying.
default_sad.png

Joyce

the prices were very sad (an insult to the nice horses who sold)

but the auction was not well advertised or well attended

you have to have people there to bid!

Who was the Buckeroo son who went for $200? I didn't know about the sale. Thanks

Streaker, I own Ashley who is Sweeper and slates litter sister. She will be 15 in less than a month!
Glad to see you're still into the dogs.
default_smile.png

I can't believe the prices of the minis! How sad. I hear there are a bunch of them at the New Holland auction in PA. Just horrifying.
default_sad.png

Joyce
Hi Joyce, I know who you are.... I am sooo glade that ashley is still doing good. Sweeper was one of my all time favorites...... Yes I am still doing the shepherds. Have a look at my website kysarahgsd.com do you have any mini's?

Frank

Who was the Buckeroo son who went for $200? I didn't know about the sale. A forum member got this great buy....nothing wrong with this stallion. He was show fit and came from a great farm who just didn't need him. I'll let the lucky buyer make her own announcement. The horse's name is Little Kings Crimson Buckeroo, a very nice, young, chestnut son of Buckeroo.

The sale had been advertised via a Feature ad here on the Forum since May of this year linking you to the web site for the sale with descriptions and photos of the horses consigned. I was responsible for the web site, but not for the local advertising, so can't answer to how that was handled.

The sales management consisted of several knowledgeable and well-respected farms. This was the sales team's first effort, and I'm sure many things were learned from it to make the next sale better. It was held at a lovely AIR-CONDITIONED facility at the Ocala Livestock Pavilion, one of the premiere show and sale facilities in the area. Nice stalls, nice area to work in and comfortable for the buyers and sellers.

116 horses were consigned, anywhere from show stock from well-known farms: Reece Family Miniatures, JSW Farms, Silver Meadows, Rogers Heaven Sent Ranch, Lightening Ridge, Fallen Pines, etc., etc. all the way to family-friendly backyard and starter breeding stock. All the horses looked healthy and well-cared for.

The general economic state and price of fuel certainly is playing a part in MANY of the auctions/sales right now. The Mt Airy sale the week before also posted sales figures that reflected a "buyer's market". The Florida sale was no different. However, on the bright side, a nice rideable sized AND beautiful GELDING was one of the high sellers at $1275. Always good to see geldings bringing a decent price. Toni Reece was generous enough to let a beautiful Mare/Foal pair/bred back (Queen Ankhesnamun and a beautiful buckskin colt, Lot #89) go for $1100. Lucky Emily Conder !!!

I was not able to log in all the prices for each horse sold, but will be posting some of the highlights with photos on the web site as soon as the sales team gets back to me with some figures. All Florida Mini Sale.

From a SELLER'S PERSPECTIVE.....I can certainly understand that seller's were hoping for higher prices, but unfortunately the local auction sales market prices are defintely not reflecting the true value of the horses being sold...maybe at the higher end sales like the World Show Sale where people go expecting to pay decent money for exceptional horses. Unfortunately at these local sales, buyers go EXPECTING to get a bargain. I know I went with that mindset. Doesn't always work in favor of the buyers, but in today's market, that seems to be the way it is. More people selling horses than people BUYING horses pushes prices down and all of us sellers feel that pinch.

From a BUYER's PERSPECTIVE....I was VERY happy with my 6 purchases including the 2 broodmares from JSW Farms, 1 broodmare from Lightening Ridge, a 2 year old palomino filly from Rogers Heaven Sent Ranch/Toni Reece, agent, a 2 year old Scout daughter, and 2 exceptionally nice yearling colts. It was $3000 total which I believe was well spent and I thank the sellers for allowing these horses to go to final sale. It would have been very easy to have "no sale'd" any or all of them for the exceptionally good bargains at which they were purchased.

So, with that being said: THANK YOU to the sellers for supporting the market place, and also for probably introducing some "new" owners to the joys of miniature horses. Hopefully the good will you showed will return to you manyfold with new contacts and private, more profitable sales in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back