alien chicken egg!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkblazin

Reaction score
So the other day I went outside to collect eggs. And I see this little blue ball. For a sec I thought it was a frozen chicken turd. Nooooooooooooo!!!!! Why would chicken poo be so round.

So being me I picked it up and looked at. Turns out its a extreme bantam egg! Its about the size of my finger nail. And FYI I have small hands, but not creepy small like ceelo green. So any ways I plan on cracking it open to see whats inside.

Has anyone ever had a hen lay a tiny eggs like this before? Or is there something wrong with my hen?

From left to right extreme bantam egg, bantam egg, standard hen egg.

IMG_20141119_191213.jpg

Well it turns out to be a no yolker. I think that something came down her tract ( foreign body, maybe tissue) and the system encased it thinking it was an egg. Strange.....

Heres a pic of what it turned out to be inside. Sorry my tablet takes bad pictures.

IMG_20141123_142925.jpg

My 2 silkie/mix hens have laid some pretty small, round eggs. Never any colored ones though! They haven't done it in a while, I think you get the small odd ones when they are just starting to lay. I usually "blow" them out and keep for giggles. Most have had some yolk in them. I wonder if they would have made a very small chick ;-)

Lol candycar. I should have saved it. The hen is a amauricana mix with silkie. All of my girls except the polish and silkies have colored eggs. I love the variety I get in the morning :p

Is the hen new to laying? That is the most common cause.

Eggs are in many stages in a hen all at the same time, I think 12+ are in there now, tomorrow an egg is laid and the newest egg starts to develop. Possible one extra smoshed in and was made smaller.

Is it yolk-less or only the yolk? That happens sometimes, too.

I don't know the other causes for it. But if she lays normally tomorrow, then it doesn't really matter.

It did not have a yolk. Just a couple of odd specks. But she is this summers hatch.I don't know exactly which Hen is laying the blue eggs at the moment. But they are all healthy and I had another one waiting for me this morning.

Marsha I'm sure it would have
default_smile.png
. And it may have even looked good in one of those miniature gardens

I had a hen lay a egg inside another egg once.

The egg was almost the size of a swan egg. My hubby and I had bets on how many yoker it was. Looked like it would of had 4 yokes. So when I broke it open...

To our surprise, another shelled egg was in it being cushioned by the white of the egg. No yoke. The egg inside was nornaml sized and was normal inside it.

I have pics on computer somewhere of it.

Also the huge egg laid was completely covered in blood but I could never figure out what hen laid it.

wow mindylee that's amazing!!!! Ill have to tell my uncle that one. Hes a vet and when I found this tiny egg I called him up and he was all excited and amazed. heck love your story. Did you eat it?...I have had a bloody one before but I think it was cause it was a double yolker.

Well i just got a double yolker from the same hen. Like what, why?, is she having too much fun deciding on the next way to surprise me?. Lol

Latest posts

Back