Aldara Cream

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here as used Aldara cream to treat skin cancer and if so, what were your side effects? I have been using it for 2 weeks and the side effects were horrific. I called my doctor already, but am just curious what others have experienced.

Liz R.

It was given to Mia for a wart on her knee, but she didn't have any side effects.

I have used Aldara......believe it or not, for my big horse!!!!!! He had a large growth (plaque) removed from his ear. Aldara was prescribed by my vet.....it is liquid gold as far as I'm concerned
default_new_shocked.gif
BUT it did work!

What kind of side effects did you have??

I know it's a horse, but......

Anoki's ear became VERY inflamed. The whole inside of his ear became super sensitive, red, oozing....that kind of stuff. So we had to change the treatment slightly and not apply it as often. That was last September that it was done....his ear has been back to normal for over 6 months now, and no signs of the growth coming back *touch wood* I had to put a fly mask with ears on him, but when this reaction started happening, we wondered if it was causing more problems than it was helping, so we stopped using it. Like I said, don't know if that is any help or not...but that's the only experience I have with it.

~kathryn

I guess it makes sense that it would be used on horses, too! Kind of good to know! Yes, it does cause an open, oozing sore on the skin that becomes inflamed - I can deal with that part. But it can also cause severe nausea and dizziness - that's the part I cannot deal with! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Liz R.

My dad used it. I don't think he suffered any effects... nothing horrible at least, or I would have heard about it a lot! LOL Sorry you are
default_sad.png

Jessi

Latest posts

Back