ah hem..went to auction today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
went looking for a donkey today..nope....BUT today was camp horses...gggrrrrrrr what are these people thinking!!! Some were mere bags of bones with saddle sores..some just very thin, many older and graying and in such sad shape. We did buy the last horse...a 13.1 hand dark palomino mare, I have always loved palominos and something about her just touched me..she seems very sweet..jumped right up in the trailer like "lets go!"..she has horrible thrushall 4 , yucky eyes..BUT she is safe,eating hay...and she is home..take a good look at this mare she will NEVER look like this again
yellowmare.jpg

palominomare.jpg

palominomaresept172005.jpg

She looks like such a pretty mare and she should be gorgeous after giving her your loving attention and care. It can hurt so much to know there are people who neglect such gorgeous animals.
unsure.gif
Mary

Can sure see why she touched you! She is beautiful -- even in such rough shape!

Glad you got her.

MA

She's going to be stunning when you get her up to par. She's beautiful now and looks very sweet. Can't wait to see her pics in a few months.

I agree.....even now, her beauty shines thru.
yes.gif
Bless you for taking her in!

She's gorgeous!
wub.gif
I know you'll have her well fed and fleshed out really soon!

Wow- she's only 13.1hh?? She looks like a big horse, not a pony!! Bless you for bringing her home- she will pay you back twice over, I am sure. Looks like you have a halter remover on your hands, too!!

She's a lovely mare, and will look so much better after some tlc. Where was the auction?

Jan

Some of those overused camp horses get so much use that no matter how much they were fed you couldn't`t keep them fat. I often used to wonder why they just didn`t get a few more animals just to spread the load so that the animals could stay in shape. I guess some camps just do not either know or care. But them in the spring and sell them in the fall.

Congratulations on your new mare! Even in her poor condition her elegance shines through. She's just lovely.......

Hi Yellow Rose!

You sweet woman. That's a good sign if a horse jumps in your trailer in the blink of an eye.....our 20 year old donkey did and he's so loving/grateful.

She's stunning, even though you can count every rib...great foundation to work with. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Cindy

How wonderful of you to take her in.
aktion033.gif
She is very pretty and proud too - even in her condition. Please keep us updated! Lori

My favorite color and look at how lovely she is. A little groceries and love she'll be worth her weight in gold. What will you call her?

thank you for your nice comments on my new girl. WildOak, the auction was in Lometa..we have not been there in almost a year, just decided to go....we usually just go to Kifaru a couple times a year. ...safer that way..hee hee. I am trying to find a good name for her...Yellow Rose was naturally my first choice but I also like the name Savanna....any ideas?? Her coggins have her as a Quarter Pony and 14 years old....

She is absolutely beautiful...bless your heart for bringing her into your home...
yes.gif
I love the name Savanna - very elegant name, which seems perfect for her!
aktion033.gif

Oh geez, poor girl! Who would treat her like that?
no.gif
She is so lucky that you bought her! She is a gorgeous mare, and is for sure on the road to recovery!
yes.gif
wub.gif

Back