Agressive foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lori

Reaction score
Had a late foal last Saturday. Was slow to nurse and had to bottle feed a few times before he finially latched on. He has been fine since, except he is very aggressive with me. He try's to bite and has since the 2nd day. He will be gelded in spring as soon as he drops. He is ok if I scratch his back, but his chest, face, and sides are off limits as far as he is concerned. I've been doing lots of short sessions of handling and leaving him alone as soon as he stands quiet. I've never had one like this and would love to hear anyone's advice with this attitude. Thanks

I don't know about biting, but my second colt born this year was a kicker. He kicked me for two weeks, I was black and blue from knee to ankle; I tried to discipline him to no avail, then, one day he just quit. He is now just the sweetest boy, although, that might change when we get down to business with halter training or his hormones kick in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back