agr+ andis clipper vs double k vs agc andis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justjinx

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has used the agr+ clippers from ands? they are a cordlesss (cord pack is a buying option). i see from past posts people like the corded andis agc...reviews for the AGR+ are only from dog groomers and personal use. hoping someone has tried them out with minis...even better would be a comparison to the double k's! thanks for any help! would also like any other recommendtions for clippers.....i already have the oster a5 and want to get away from them....looking for good durability that can withstand the crazy mini hair!!

Osters for sure thumbs down for me. They were the first clippers I've used and I don't know how many I went thru. Got Double Ks and they worked ok but not worth the money IMO. Big fan of the Storm II clippers by Wahl. Bought them last year and still working great this year. Also prefer Wahl blades over Osters any day. Also only $170.

http://www.jeffersequine.com/storm-ii-clipper/camid/EQU/cp/WC-S8/cn/25014/

Personally have not tried the Andis clippers.

I LOVE my Andis super AGR + cordless clippers. I use them with the ceramic blade, it works best. It is terrific for my dogs and for my horses. Charges quick, will work well on dirty or clean horses, it runs nice and quiet. My blade has lasted a long time. If you store them in WD-40 instead of clipper cool the blades will stay sharp and work better longer. I have had no problems with these clippers and I have used them for a whole body clip on my wooly mamoths (minis) with no problems. I use them on my chinese cresteds and since I went with the andis clippers we don't get hot spots anymore. My old clippers used to do that on my dogs.

Good for horses, good for dogs, love them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the AGC Andies. I use them on both my horses and dogs. The ones I have are now about 7 years old and I have never had a problem with them.

I've always been a fan of Andis clippers. I got a new Agri set last year. Love them!

I have Double K's and Andis AGC's Super 2-speeds. I love them both but if I could have only one, hands down, it would be my Double K's.

I LOVE my Andis super AGR + cordless clippers. I use them with the ceramic blade, it works best. It is terrific for my dogs and for my horses. Charges quick, will work well on dirty or clean horses, it runs nice and quiet. My blade has lasted a long time. If you store them in WD-40 instead of clipper cool the blades will stay sharp and work better longer. I have had no problems with these clippers and I have used them for a whole body clip on my wooly mamoths (minis) with no problems. I use them on my chinese cresteds and since I went with the andis clippers we don't get hot spots anymore. My old clippers used to do that on my dogs.

Good for horses, good for dogs, love them.
there are 2 dffrent agr+ clipper. one is rcommended for vet use because they come with a car charger.....which one do you have? i have found them on amazon. andis doesn't have them in stock (andis is here in WI by us)...also....how long have you had your agr+??? any issues with the hed dying? did you also get the cord? or do you only use them as cordless? thanks for the info! much appreciated!

I have the Andis Super AGR+ cordless, no car charger, and no cord to plug in, I only use it cordless. It does recharge in an hour, and I find that by the time the battery runs out both the horse and I are ready for a break anyway! I've had it for 6 or more years, and only notice the battery might need replaced soon because it's not staying charged as long as it did when it was newer. If you clip a lot, probably would want to get two batteries so one could be charging while you use the other one. I've recommended these clippers to several different people and they all love it it too (shorthorsemom being one of them).
default_smile.png

I love mine with ceramic blades I can clip clean or dirty, it's not as clean of a clip when they are dirty, but it doesn't dull the blades!! I have red clay dirt here that will dull a brand new steel blade in just a few swipes if the horse isn't perfectly clean.

I used andis ags 2 speed clippers for 7 years grooming dogs. I also used them on my boss' minis and they worked great. I have since switched to Oster because the new andis are junk IMO. The motors burn out in a hurry. My Oster powers through stuff my Andis wouldn't touch. I'm in an area with lots of dirty cow dogs and it takes a strong clipper to get through those coats. No poodles and yorkies here. I use my Osters on my minis AND my big horses and I love them. Never had a single problem. They even go through my big guys mane. I used them this spring to hog the manes of 4 brood mares and my gelding one right after the other.

I've never gotten into cordless clippers. I figure there is just more to go wrong. I know groomers that use them but no one with horses.

there are 2 dffrent agr+ clipper. one is rcommended for vet use because they come with a car charger.....which one do you have? i have found them on amazon. andis doesn't have them in stock (andis is here in WI by us)...also....how long have you had your agr+??? any issues with the hed dying? did you also get the cord? or do you only use them as cordless? thanks for the info! much appreciated!
I have had them at least three years. Mine does not have a car charger , it has a base that I click the clippers down into. I didn't buy the cord option, it says on the box that it can be purchased separately but did not come with my unit. Knock on wood, it seems to last a while, I figure that I will need to purchase a new battery end at some point, but for now, it seems to stay charged up pretty good. I only use mine cordless. Let me know if you need more information. I purchased mine at an amish dealer locally. They were marking them up on price and the lady left to go do something else and there was a box left on the shelf still marked at $40 less than the new price. I laughed and said it was a sign I was supposed to get those clippers and I bought them. LOL. I am still happy with them after all this time. best wishes.

Back