Age *teeth photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee214

Reaction score
This was a rescue mare we just took in. Zero info on her except she is heavily in foal. She’s a small pony/large mini.
She has decent muscle tone thought-out her body, surprisingly because I think she’s hard quite a few foals based on her belly.
She does have white hairs (she’s a chestnut) above her eyes and on her rump which make me feel she’s up there.
Thank you
IMG_5857.jpegIMG_5853.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5852.jpeg
    IMG_5852.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm not great at aging, but her incisors have pretty decent length and slope to them, and Galvaney's Groove looks to be about halfway or more down the corner incisor, so best guess would be mid teens or maybe a little older.

She's sure crooked in the bite set, hey @Dee214, I assume you're going to have her teeth attended to by a qualified vet or dentist when it's safe to do so. It's amazing how they can compromise their mouths.
Even if they have a perfect smile they can have bad teeth, I just spent about $3,000 on Cappy's pearly whites. He had a bad root and they had to go through the sinus to pop it out. Poor little mite had the best looking set of choppers of the three I have!

She's sure crooked in the bite set, hey @Dee214, I assume you're going to have her teeth attended to by a qualified vet or dentist when it's safe to do so. It's amazing how they can compromise their mouths.
Yes, she’s already seen the vet as she was very dehydrated and has a large gash on her eyelid.
She let the vet get a decent look at her mouth. She definitely has never had any dental care in her life, that’s for sure.
Once the baby arrives and it’s safe she will get some work done.

Latest posts

Back